Good an cheap quads

Pcinacan
1 hour ago, why_ said:

Lol I have Multistar baby beasts on a racing tri that I've gone inverted with (and crashed multiple times mind you XP) so for their price they are actually pretty nice little motors.

Lmao, inverted a big deal for you? 

ASU

17 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Lmao, inverted a big deal for you?

-snip-

damn nice flying xD yeah not quite at that point yet lol

i7-6700k | Cooler Master 212x | ASUS ROG Strix 1080 | 16 gigs Avexir Raiden Green RAM (because plasma tubes always improve performance) | ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA | Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Green

Build Pre Water Cooling: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/np9J7P

4 minutes ago, why_ said:

damn nice flying xD yeah not quite at that point yet lol

Thanks! This is like six or seven months of minimal practice, and I think I just killed my Naze yesterday xD 

ASU

8 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Thanks! This is like six or seven months of minimal practice, and I think I just killed my Naze yesterday xD 

rip I've been through 2 already lol I loaned one to a friend for a project and then proceeded to watch it go up in a puff of smoke

i7-6700k | Cooler Master 212x | ASUS ROG Strix 1080 | 16 gigs Avexir Raiden Green RAM (because plasma tubes always improve performance) | ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA | Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Green

15 minutes ago, why_ said:

rip I've been through 2 already lol I loaned one to a friend for a project and then proceeded to watch it go up in a puff of smoke

This is the third Naze I've killed. I think that's the issue, otherwise I murdered 2 ESCs and severely wounded the other 2.

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

This is the third Naze I've killed. I think that's the issue, otherwise I murdered 2 ESCs and severely wounded the other 2.

Yeah I've killed quite a couple ECSs doing my first wiring harness for my mini quad, never seen that much electrical smoke before or since.

Just now, why_ said:

Yeah I've killed quite a couple ECSs doing my first wiring harness for my mini quad, never seen that much electrical smoke before or since.

Never killed an ESC. Although, some of the surface mounted caps are floating around in the heatsrhink on one of them xD 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Never killed an ESC. Although, some of the surface mounted caps are floating around in the heatsrhink on one of them xD 

I'd highly recommend avoiding it seeing as it usually results in a small fire and a plume of smoke.

2 minutes ago, why_ said:

I'd highly recommend avoiding it seeing as it usually results in a small fire and a plume of smoke.

Lmao, KISS 18 v1?

ASU

4 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Lmao, KISS 18 v1?

Nope they were the cheapest unbranded shit I could find which in hindsight was the worst decision lol I switched to afros after I killed all mine

On 10/16/2016 at 8:23 PM, Hackentosher said:

They're mini quads. They're racers and they're built to haul ass. The first one uses rs2205 motors which are really good, the standard. The only issue I have with both of them is the carbon is probably not of the best quality and might break really easily. 

On 10/16/2016 at 8:21 PM, Hackentosher said:

That first one looks good, but get a better video antenna. I don't like how there are only 2 bolts on each arm, but it's probably fine. 

I have found out that the frame used on that p200 drone is a EMAX Nighthawk X5 which is a 60$ frame so I would imagine its a pretty good frame with nice carbon.

2 hours ago, samocamo123 said:

I have found out that the frame used on that p200 drone is a EMAX Nighthawk X5 which is a 60$ frame so I would imagine its a pretty good frame with nice carbon.

Eh, emax has only just now begun to shed their reputation for making cheap crap to something of a higher pedigree. The rs2205 is about all they got that I know is good. I don't really want to trust their frames, I'd recommend a shen drones or mqc. 

ASU

7 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Eh, emax has only just now begun to shed their reputation for making cheap crap to something of a higher pedigree. The rs2205 is about all they got that I know is good. I don't really want to trust their frames, I'd recommend a shen drones or mqc. 

I wasn't really saying the frame would be the best, but I imagine it would be real carbon for that price.

1 hour ago, samocamo123 said:

I wasn't really saying the frame would be the best, but I imagine it would be real carbon for that price.

Maybe, it's worth a shot. 

ASU