Computer not turning on heeellllp meeee

BurntNewt
Go to solution Solved by RadiatingLight,
2 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

My io isn't working either my keyboard isn't working or anything plugged into USB 

5 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

Should I just try restarting 

15 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

My pc is on it's just in a never ending stage of loading it keeps showing me a wheel in the bottom center of my screen 

it's not black it had a white loading wheel 

Unplug your PC, and try to turn it back on again. it sounds like a software issue

My computer is currently in a never ending stage of turning in and I don't know what to do 

My computer is currently in a never ending stage of turning in and I don't know what to do 

It just keeps loading it hasn't even reached the windows screen and it's been like ten minutes and it's just a black screen with a loading screen 

Just now, BurntNewt said:

It just keeps loading it hasn't even reached the windows screen and it's been like ten minutes and it's just a black screen with a loading screen 

try clearing cmos

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

try clearing cmos

I can't get on bios nothin it's just loading no Mouse nothing 

1 minute ago, BurntNewt said:

I can't get on bios nothin it's just loading no Mouse nothing 

clearing CMOS is taking out the small silver battery on the motherboard.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

clearing CMOS is taking out the small silver battery on the motherboard.

The lithium ion battery. While the pc is on

The machine does power up, but my screen remains black (no POST).

1. Make sure your BIOS version is compatible with the CPU generation you're trying to run in your motherboard, you can consult the manual or the manufacturer's website about this.
  2. Check if EVERY power cable is connected. Auxiliary power connectors included.
  3. Make sure the cable coming from your monitor is attached securely to the graphics card. Also make sure it is securely attached to the monitor itself.
  4. Make sure your PSU is powerful enough to power your complete system.
  5. Make sure your monitor works by testing it on a different computer.
  6. If you have both a dedicated GPU and an iGPU, try your monitor on both the outputs on the graphics cards as well as on the motherboard.
  7. Make sure all connectors and cables are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  8. Make sure your RAM, CPU and GPU are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  9. If the motherboard you're using has debug LEDs, check the error code and consult the motherboard manual to see what it means.
  10. If you have a debug speaker connected to the motherboard, note the beep sequence and consult the motherboard manual or this thread to see what it means.
  11. Try clearing your CMOS.
  12. Try booting your computer with only a motherboard, CPU and one stick of RAM attached (if you don't have an iGPU, plug in your GPU as well ;) ).
  13. Make sure your GPU works (if you have a dedicated one), try it in another computer.
  14. Make sure your RAM works, try it another computer.
  15. Make sure the RAM is compatible with your CPU and your motherboard.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Just now, BurntNewt said:

The lithium ion battery. While the pc is on

no no no on!

unplug the PC completely, and then take the small silver disc battery out of the motherboard for 2 minutes

http://www.howtogeek.com/131623/how-to-clear-your-computers-cmos-to-reset-bios-settings/

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

The machine does power up, but my screen remains black (no POST).

1. Make sure your BIOS version is compatible with the CPU generation you're trying to run in your motherboard, you can consult the manual or the manufacturer's website about this.
  2. Check if EVERY power cable is connected. Auxiliary power connectors included.
  3. Make sure the cable coming from your monitor is attached securely to the graphics card. Also make sure it is securely attached to the monitor itself.
  4. Make sure your PSU is powerful enough to power your complete system.
  5. Make sure your monitor works by testing it on a different computer.
  6. If you have both a dedicated GPU and an iGPU, try your monitor on both the outputs on the graphics cards as well as on the motherboard.
  7. Make sure all connectors and cables are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  8. Make sure your RAM, CPU and GPU are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  9. If the motherboard you're using has debug LEDs, check the error code and consult the motherboard manual to see what it means.
  10. If you have a debug speaker connected to the motherboard, note the beep sequence and consult the motherboard manual or this thread to see what it means.
  11. Try clearing your CMOS.
  12. Try booting your computer with only a motherboard, CPU and one stick of RAM attached (if you don't have an iGPU, plug in your GPU as well ;) ).
  13. Make sure your GPU works (if you have a dedicated one), try it in another computer.
  14. Make sure your RAM works, try it another computer.
  15. Make sure the RAM is compatible with your CPU and your motherboard.

My pc is on it's just in a never ending stage of loading it keeps showing me a wheel in the bottom center of my screen 

My io isn't working either my keyboard isn't working or anything plugged into USB 

wait you haven't tried that yet?

Desktop:

Laptop:

15 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

Unplug your PC, and try to turn it back on again. it sounds like a software issue

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

wait you haven't tried that yet?

I didn't want to Risk loosening data while its loading. I'll try it now 

Try Hard resetting it.

While it's on: press the power button for 5 or more seconds to turn the pc off.

Then turn it on again.