my PC is shutting down randomly.

jimpa1812

I don't know if the new windows anniversary update is to blame but ever since I updated my PC it has randomly been shutting down. I have looked online but cannot find a fix.

6 minutes ago, jimpa1812 said:

I don't know if the new windows anniversary update is to blame but ever since I updated my PC it has randomly been shutting down. I have looked online but cannot find a fix.

Have you tried turning it back on randomly?

3 minutes ago, jimpa1812 said:

If you can, restart the PC while holding Shift. You'll be brought to a menu, select Troubleshoot, Startup Settings, and then Restart. Upon the next bootup, you should be given several options ranging from 1-9. Select 4 to boot into safe mode. Safe Mode starts the PC with a minimal set of drivers and services, to get the system stable enough for troubleshooting. See if the PC still shuts down randomly.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, imreloadin said:

yeah it seems to fix it but it seems to be a recurring problem. i also tried hitting it with a hammer.

Since Microsoft has the habbit to mess up settings and revert them back to not user specified settings maybe there is an problem with that? Check the powersettings for example. Still it's odd. other stuff you notice when this happens? What do your logs mention?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Thread212 said:

Are u sure its not overheated?
May need to check the temperature.

i have only experienced it shutting down on me a few times my parents have had it most and the most they use is word, the internet and powerpoint so it is barely using the cpu and i have an after market cooler so i doubt its that very much

1 hour ago, Gonio said:

Since Microsoft has the habbit to mess up settings and revert them back to not user specified settings maybe there is an problem with that? Check the powersettings for example. Still it's odd. other stuff you notice when this happens? What do your logs mention?

i looked in the power setting and they are as usual and how do i access the log?

2 hours ago, jimpa1812 said:

What does event viewer say?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

I like the way you think!

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE