i5-6500 vs i5-6600k

Hi, I'm planning on building a new pc but I'm not sure what cpu to get. I want to be able to run games smooth, since i won't be upgrading in a while. People told me the 6500 is a very good choice ( with the GTX 1060 that im planning to buy ) but I don't want to have the cpu bottlenecking the gpu. I was thinking of getting the 6600 mainly because I can overclock it but I have no ideea if it's worth spending the money just for this feature..i was told it is not worth, even though i have a verry good cooler (deepcool v2 lucifer). What should I do? I'm interested in last gen games running them at max 1080p.

2 minutes ago, AngelLV said:

Hi, I'm planning on building a new pc but I'm not sure what cpu to get. I want to be able to run games smooth, since i won't be upgrading in a while. People told me the 6500 is a very good choice ( with the GTX 1060 that im planning to buy ) but I don't want to have the cpu bottlenecking the gpu. I was thinking of getting the 6600 mainly because I can overclock it but I have no ideea if it's worth spending the money just for this feature..i was told it is not worth, even though i have a verry good cooler (deepcool v2 lucifer). What should I do? I'm interested in last gen games running them at max 1080p.

1. what is your budget?
  2. what form factor?
  3. what programs/games are you going to run?
  4. At what resolution?

3 minutes ago, AngelLV said:

I would get a 6600K if you have the money. Just my opinion.

Skyggeis Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" Hard Drive 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case Satin Black
PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular PSU
WiFi Card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2
Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Black 93.4 CFM
Other: Coolermaster VGA Holder
Other: Phanteks LED Strip 1M
Other: Phanteks Fan Splitter

Monitor: Dell S2716DG

39 minutes ago, nikolaizombie1 said:
  1. what is your budget?
  2. what form factor?
  3. what programs/games are you going to run?
  4. At what resolution?

1.my budget is about $730 but I have to get a motherboard, ram too and maybe a PSU, not sure about that yet.

2. Im not sure what do you mean by that..im from Romania and english is not my best ^^ guess i want intel cpu and nvidia gpu

3. Im not a video editor so main applications will be games and internet browsing. I ll be running games like black ops 3, assassins creed empire, for honor, pretty much last gen games but as long as i can get 40+ fps on max on full hd im more than happy.

4. Only 1080p, i dont need more than this:)

Edited by AngelLV