MSI rx 480 8gb or msi gtx 1060 6gb

ToastyTavi
21 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's wrong with ASUS?

(Says the owner of an ASUS VG248QE. lol)

ASUS already made a trash version of the rx 480 and I don't them enough to buy it

16 hours ago, Andrew Sh said:

First thing to note: I'm an Nvidia fan.

But I vote for the 480.
I think that currently, AMD has more potential for the next 2-3 years which you'd expect out of a card you purchase at this day and the 480 should do well.
6gb vram is plenty but ofc 8gb is more. I wouldn't favour either because of this.
A big thing is the lack of SLI for the 1060. While not many people SLI, the whole SLI fiasco they got going on with the 1060s is pretty silly.

Ultimately, I'd go with AMD if you can get it for the same or cheaper price. 
If it's more than $20 extra, I'd go with Nvidia.

The $10-20 difference is shown in the performance of the two cards. Now, should I get the 4gb rx 480 to save $40-50 or just go with the 8gb

On 10/16/2016 at 6:19 AM, ToastyTavi said:

The $10-20 difference is shown in the performance of the two cards. Now, should I get the 4gb rx 480 to save $40-50 or just go with the 8gb

I assume you probably made this decision already, haven't been here a while, but that's a mixed view really.

If you think you would xfire that 480 and go for 1440p/vr/4k or so, then I'd probably get the 8gb but if like myself and many others, you plan to stay at 1080p for the foreseeable future, I'd stick with 4gb because that's enough for anything at that resolution. 
There's only a few (about 1-2 year old) games at this point that can use more than 3gb of vram.
Most new games now use about 1.5-2gb at most if they are well optimised