Internet connection issues after the latest update (Win10)

Krzych
Go to solution Solved by Krzych,

All right, it wasn't Windows. It stared again quickly after backing up from update. The issue here is my stupid Killer Network. They are putting this crap on "gaming" motherboards so you can have ultra turbo godlike carbon rog predator gaming connection, and reality is that it is 5 times slower than some random dirt cheap external network card and dies after 2 months. What a crap. Anyways, I bought some $10 network card and it runs like a dream now, without even needing drivers. This Killer crap needed 150mb drivers. Just... >:(

Hi,

After the latest updates of Win10 I am experiencing some serious issues with my connection. For example, if I start youtube video, it will play for only 5 secs, then stop, load for like 10 secs, and then everything goes back to normal and video is loading very last as it always should without any breaks. It is like that with almost every video I can find on web, it starts, then like 5-10 secs of lag, and it will play properly after that. Same thing happens when I try to skip some part of the video. Some videos won't even start or they start after like 30 secs or more.

Also, some applications will not download or update. For example GOG Galaxy update is stuck at 0.5/132 MB, Raptr won't download at all saying something about timeout. Uplay update for one of AC games was also stopping many times. Some images won't load also, or after very long time.

Something is just blocking my connection over and over, what can that be? There are no breaks in connection, I have access to web all the time, but something is blocking it for applications. I already scanned PC with Advanced System Care, MalwareBytes and anti-virus, so no issues there, especially if it all started after Windows update. Disabling Firewall didn't help.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

My assumption is probably your networks driver. the new update just destroyed my computer so yeah going good

35 minutes ago, jackson-taliana said:

My assumption is probably your networks driver. the new update just destroyed my computer so yeah going good

Already updated driver, still the same issues.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

I noticed that for videos that are blocked completely and they won't even start, refreshing few times quickly helps to start, but they will freeze at some point anyway. Something is just blocking things from loading properly...>:(

Also, downloading for example from Uplay or Steam works well and at full speed.

Spoiler

I wasn't able to connect to wifi at all after the update. Just rolled back to previous build, and now it works again. Seems like the anniversary update is quite bugged

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

21 hours ago, maxvons said:

I wasn't able to connect to wifi at all after the update. Just rolled back to previous build, and now it works again. Seems like the anniversary update is quite bugged

Thanks for answer, I did the same and now everything works flawlessly. Should have done this first before creating thread. But all of this hate about Win10 forcing everything made me assume that I cannot fix anything through Windows tools. 

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

All right, it wasn't Windows. It stared again quickly after backing up from update. The issue here is my stupid Killer Network. They are putting this crap on "gaming" motherboards so you can have ultra turbo godlike carbon rog predator gaming connection, and reality is that it is 5 times slower than some random dirt cheap external network card and dies after 2 months. What a crap. Anyways, I bought some $10 network card and it runs like a dream now, without even needing drivers. This Killer crap needed 150mb drivers. Just... >:(

Spoiler