CSGO RUNS TERRIBLY SLOW PLZ HELP

ceez99

So I'm running a 980 Ti STRIX and have 32gb of ram and a 5930k processor. So I have plenty of horses. I used to have around 300 fps but out of nowhere, I started getting 15 fps... It would run 15fps during the intro splash, the menus, and during the game. I uninstalled it and tried again. Nothing. Updated drivers. Nothing. Tried using an older graphics driver when the game worked right, nothing. The last time this happened, I had to wipe my drives and reinstall windows and that fixed it. I don't want to do that again... Any suggestions?
Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Brosignious said:

So I'm running a 980 Ti STRIX and have 32gb of ram and a 5930k processor. So I have plenty of horses. I used to have around 300 fps but out of nowhere, I started getting 15 fps... It would run 15fps during the intro splash, the menus, and during the game. I uninstalled it and tried again. Nothing. Updated drivers. Nothing. Tried using an older graphics driver when the game worked right, nothing. The last time this happened, I had to wipe my drives and reinstall windows and that fixed it. I don't want to do that again... Any suggestions?
Thanks!

You tried looking into task manager as the game is running? See if there are any issues such as RAM leaking or some shit? Processes eating all your noms?

Download gpu-z and check load and tdp. If its the gpu start there.

Check drivers or firestrike.

1 minute ago, xgn said:

Download gpu-z and check load and tdp. If its the gpu start there.

Check drivers or firestrike.

Can't be GPU, CSGO is mostly CPU intensive

Ok. so weird thing rn. I opened up CS and as usual, it ran at 15 fps. Then I opened up task manager and nothing crazy was going on. So I hop back into CS and I'm getting 100+ fps.... WTF

So right now i have to open task manager and close it to resolve FPS issues...

2 minutes ago, Flowey said:

Can't be GPU, CSGO is mostly CPU intensive

I know but he have a really high end cpu which should be able to run this easily.

Ok so I have to open CS deal with lag, press the windows key and look at my desktop and go back into CS and i get 115 fps... this is annoying

Just now, xgn said:

I know but he have a really high end cpu which should be able to run this easily.

Well, even if a CPU is high end some issues can cause problems, such as thermal throttling or some leaking RAM. Or Chrome

1 minute ago, Brosignious said:

Ok so I have to open CS deal with lag, press the windows key and look at my desktop and go back into CS and i get 115 fps... this is annoying

So the over 100fps thing is not constant? What does your RAM usage looks like? Have you tried borderless window mode? I know that fixed a lot of issues with different games in my time.

Just now, Flowey said:

So the over 100fps thing is not constant? What does your RAM usage looks like? Have you tried borderless window mode? I know that fixed a lot of issues with different games in my time.

Instead of fullscreen I meant

Disable the Xbox Game Recording functionality in Windows. This caused weird FPS for me and many others as well.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro