Can 450D support 2 Asus ROG 1070?

I know the maximum GPU length is 430mm but thats only for the first GPU and there is a HDD rack that can cause a problem when I install the second 1070.

The drive cage is removable. 

With it installed, the clearance is ~290mm for the lower card which should be plenty.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

With it installed, the clearance is ~290mm for the lower card which should be plenty.

1070 Strix is 298mm. if you have 290 that isn't enough.

Can't I just remove the first part of the cage and use the other 2?

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

1070 Strix is 298mm. if you have 290 that isn't enough.

Oh, I was looking at the wrong specifications. I guess it wouldn't fit without removing the drive cage.

1 minute ago, yildizYUSUF said:

Can't I just remove the first part of the cage and use the other 2?

What do you mean by first part?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I mean you can fit up to 3 HDDs I just want to use 1. So can I just remove some part of the HDD Cage?

2 minutes ago, yildizYUSUF said:

I mean you can fit up to 3 HDDs I just want to use 1. So can I just remove some part of the HDD Cage?

I have a 450D. the cage is all one piece but you can cut it so that only the bottom cage (or top if you have it mounted under your 5.25" bays) remains.

As for SLI, sell your 1070 and get a 1080. Not worth the hassle

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

3 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

I have a 450D. the cage is all one piece but you can cut it so that only the bottom cage (or top if you have it mounted under your 5.25" bays) remains.

As for SLI, sell your 1070 and get a 1080. Not worth the hassle

Hahah nice idea :D

6 minutes ago, yildizYUSUF said:

You could remove the drive cage entirely and mount it to the bottom of your case (there may be mounting holes, you may have to use some double sided tape, its pretty easy to do)

5 minutes ago, yildizYUSUF said:

No, not without cutting it.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

You could remove the drive cage entirely and mount it to the bottom of your case (there may be mounting holes, you may have to use some double sided tape, its pretty easy to do.

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for the reply. I'll check that out. Since I am only going to use 1 HDD it should be fine.

Just now, Zyndo said:

You could remove the drive cage entirely and mount it to the bottom of your case (there may be mounting holes, you may have to use some double sided tape, its pretty easy to do.

The drive cage is attached to a little platform thing and the platform is what has holes in the bottom of the case for screws. However I think putting the HDD in the top bay slot then hanging it under your 5.25" bays and cut the bottom one or two out instead. I'm considering doing this.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 minute ago, yildizYUSUF said:

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for the reply. I'll check that out. Since I am only going to use 1 HDD it should be fine.

There is probably some way to mount a 3.5" drive in a 5.25" bay as well. You could also manually drill holes that fit your HDD in the bottom of your case.

But if you cannot find a way to mount it with screws that makes you happy, some double sided tape on the floor of your case would be an excellent alternative.