Finding the exact version of gpu

alexjt11

Hi,

So my gpu is in my pc right now, but to get to it would mean pulling my pc out of the hole where it lives. It would take about 10 mins and lots of fiddling about. I want to know exactly what type of gpu I have.

I know its a GTX 970 made by msi and that its a gaming 4G. But I want to know exactly what version it is with the part number. Any ideas?

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Download GPU-Z and there should be a button in the top right of the Window saying 'Lookup'. Clicking it should give your exact graphics card.

Your on point today arent you

:D

cheers

11 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Download GPU-Z and there should be a button in the top right of the Window saying 'Lookup'. Clicking it should give your exact graphics card.

You cant tell me when MSI made rev 1.3 PCBs can you?

5 minutes ago, alexjt11 said:

You cant tell me when MSI made rev 1.3 PCBs can you?

No way you will get the exact version of the same gpu. They're all sealed up in a box and no one is going to open up everyone just to help you find the exact same revision pcb.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

No way you will get the exact version of the same gpu. They're all sealed up in a box and no one is going to open up everyone just to help you find the exact same revision pcb.

Its for a project. I need to know the layout of the gpu so I can make my own custom cooler

1 minute ago, alexjt11 said:

Its for a project. I need to know the layout of the gpu so I can make my own custom cooler

Just search up images on your gpu's pcb.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

If you are building a custom cooler, you will need to remove it anyway to make template. If you don't do that step, you are wasting your time with the project.

Not trying to be rude, but I do this regularly for a wide range of different reasons, and the part in your hand for templates is a must. So get to removing it..make a paper and cardboard template and then reinstall it.... Go make some parts...come back...take it out...and test fit it...then realize it was made wrong..make adjustments..and try again..

repeat multiple times.... it won't likely work the first few times lol