Does 3D gaming have any effect on Consoles?

CoolMarquis97

I bought the Sony 3D display last Christmas and never felt compelled to try it out. I finally decided to see what 3D gaming felt like on my PS3 with AC3 and I honestly noticing no difference. Does anybody on consoles notice a difference when playing in 3D and what is even the point of 3D? 

The 3D that you get on consoles is not "true" 3D. Just the blue and red stuff...

hello

The 3D that you get on consoles is not true 3D. Just the blue and red stuff...

Huh? Nothing is "true" 3D. The red/cyan effect with their respective glasses would still give the same 3D feeling no? That, vs active shutter glasses rely on the same concept. Show one image to one eye and hide the other image from that eye.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

The 3D that you get on consoles is not "true" 3D. Just the blue and red stuff...

so even though I have "3D Glasses" it's still the same concept as blue and red? What if I was to use 3D on a PC? Would I see a substantial difference? 

so even though I have "3D Glasses" it's still the same concept as blue and red? What if I was to use 3D on a PC? Would I see a substantial difference? 

Yes.The 3D on consoles is more basic, due to consoles being less powerful. Playing with a proper 3D monitor and the fancy active glasses will be better :)

hello

Yes.The 3D on consoles is more basic, due to consoles being less powerful. Playing with a proper 3D monitor and the fancy active glasses will be better :)

any recommend game I should test ? 

I'm not to sure when it comes to 3D.. Just Cause 2 is meant to be pretty good, other than that I'm not to sure.

hello

Battlefield 3

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.