(US Microcenter) AMD FX 8320E 3.2GHz Eight-Core $89.99 [In-Store Only]

maulemall

As much shit as I give AMD CPUs, that's actually a really good deal.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

The motherboard bundle with that and a cheap am3+ board at my local microcenter is under $100, very much worth the money, for multithreaded performance on par with an i5.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

10 minutes ago, Mikius10001 said:

God damn Microcenter. Teasing us canadians.

I think a LOT of AMD chips will be getting lowered to make room for the new stock.

It's going to be a funny holiday season.

A price I could actually recommend the CPU at, considering that a decent 970 board is $70-80, minus the $40 for bundling. You're looking at $120-130 for a bundle that's typically as capable as an Intel Core i3, but cheaper than i3 bundles and can overclock. If you can utilize the additional threads too, say running VMs or other workstation like tasks, not a bad deal.

Nice catch, OP. Match this with a used GTX 970 or R9 390 and you can have a really baller $400 PC, VR capable probably.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

19 minutes ago, rcarteraz said:

Too bad the closest one is 385 miles away. Great find!

Go online and find someone that price matches..

I'm not sure but I thought Newegg did...

1 minute ago, maulemall said:

Go online and find someone that price matches..

I'm not sure but I thought Newegg did...

Would they price match and in-store only ad though? 

3 hours ago, rcarteraz said:

Would they price match and in-store only ad though? 

I would give it a shot.

They may agree, but the answers always no if you don't ask.

54 minutes ago, maulemall said:

I would give it a shot.

They may agree, but the answers always no if you don't ask.

Newegg seems to have a pretty strict price-match policy. Only items marked with price guarantee are eligible for price match and this product doe not seem to be.

Just got done watching the WAN show and it was mentioned that AMD was "Making Room " For the new lineup so I expect there will be a BOAT load of deals like this coming out sooner rather than later..

Something to look forward to..

Hmm...I was thinking about doing a cheap build for my nephew for Christmas.  This caught my attention but I also noticed that an intel G3258 with cheap mobo is $95 as well.  What is better for 1080p gaming.  Doesn't the dual core beat the FX in several gaming benchmarks.  I am not sure of all the games he is into but I know he likes minecraft and protal 2.  He also enjoys doing some stop motion on Ikit movie with his brother.  I guess I was just wondering what everyone thoughts on this were?  Also, what gpu would you pair with either of these setups?

13 hours ago, J-man said:

Hmm...I was thinking about doing a cheap build for my nephew for Christmas.  This caught my attention but I also noticed that an intel G3258 with cheap mobo is $95 as well.  What is better for 1080p gaming.  Doesn't the dual core beat the FX in several gaming benchmarks.  I am not sure of all the games he is into but I know he likes minecraft and protal 2.  He also enjoys doing some stop motion on Ikit movie with his brother.  I guess I was just wondering what everyone thoughts on this were?  Also, what gpu would you pair with either of these setups?

You know what J-Man...

That question deserves it's own post especially since there will be a load of these coming to market soon...

I would put it in the CPU section with an explanation and maybe even in the graphics card section.

1 minute ago, maulemall said:

You know what J-Man...

That question deserves it's own post especially since there will be a load of these coming to market soon...

I would put it in the CPU section with an explanation and maybe even in the graphics card section.

Thanks for the reply.  I was thinking that as well and just recently started a thread in the build and planning section.