Ultra wide monitor

MatchuEnsmith

I am looking for an ultra wide gaming monitor that has an ips panel and decent response time and refresh rate for casual gaming. Any suggestions???

2 minutes ago, MatchuEnsmith said:

I am looking for an ultra wide gaming monitor that has an ips panel and decent response time and refresh rate for casual gaming. Any suggestions???

you won't find an ultrawide that operates at it's ultrawide resolution at more than 60 Hz. 

How much are you willing to spend?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

8 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

you won't find an ultrawide that operates at it's ultrawide resolution at more than 60 Hz. 

So this doesnt exist? :P

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/34-acer-predator-x34a-curved-qhd-nvidia-g-sync-gaming-monitor-ips-60hz-(100hz-oc)-3440x1440-4ms-tilt

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

1 minute ago, Altecice said:

it says 100 Hz OC, which means it can be overclocked to that, there is no gaurentee it can operate at that with no screen tearing. 

And I have seen many 1080p widescreens that operate at 75 Hz, but only at 1920x1080. And i didn't say they did not exist, simply that they are hard to find. 

Besides, that monitor costs moe than most people's PCs. 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Just now, MatchuEnsmith said:

what GPU would I use to power it if i cannot use nvidia cards

You can still use an NVidia card, however you will only get 60hz in that case. To get the 75hz you need any AMD GPU made in the last 5 years.

RX 4xx series, R9 3xx series, r9 2xx series and even some older ones.

Like others have said you can also overclock your monitor, results will vary, but most people report getting to 70hz or higher.

3 hours ago, Stardar1 said:

That's not true at all. Most go to at least 75hz if you get one from LG, Asus, or Acer...

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

13 hours ago, Stardar1 said:

it says 100 Hz OC, which means it can be overclocked to that, there is no gaurentee it can operate at that with no screen tearing. 

And I have seen many 1080p widescreens that operate at 75 Hz, but only at 1920x1080. And i didn't say they did not exist, simply that they are hard to find. 

I have one running at 100Hz. The vast majority of them can do this and the ones that cant will run at 95Hz.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

15 hours ago, Stardar1 said:

They are actually very easy to find.  I just saw two different models capable of 75 Hz or higher at Micro Center yesterday and they are literally for sale everywhere on the internet.

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

They are actually very easy to find.  I just saw two different models capable of 75 Hz or higher at Micro Center yesterday and they are literally for sale everywhere on the internet.

15 hours ago, RyGuy99 said:

That's not true at all. Most go to at least 75hz if you get one from LG, Asus, or Acer...

Right, but here is the trick:

I know for a fact that that LG monitor is capable of 75 Hz, at 1920x1080. But when you put it in 2560x1080 it reverts to 60 Hz. (Check out reviews on newegg). 

A lot of lower-price widescreens do this. And the ones that don't cost more than many want to spend for "casual gaming"

Solitaire. 

Is the Acer predator UW curved monitor not within spec?

Very expensive, I know, but it does have G sync :-p

16 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

I know for a fact that that LG monitor is capable of 75 Hz, at 1920x1080. But when you put it in 2560x1080 it reverts to 60 Hz. (Check out reviews on newegg). 

A lot of lower-price widescreens do this. And the ones that don't cost more than many want to spend for "casual gaming"

Sorry bud, but here's the real trick.  

In your first post you said "you won't find an ultrawide that operates at it's ultrawide resolution at more than 60 Hz."

Then @Altecice corrected your statement when he linked a 34" Acer X34A Predator 3440 x 1440 ultrawide that will do 100 Hz at it's native 3440 x 1440 resolution.   Asus has another that does the same thing.  

I know you're trying to hold on to being right, but you weren't.  Sorry.  :(

I just received my 27" Predator, I go to micro center and the curved ultra wide is only 200 bucks more (on sale).... looks like i am doing a return on the 27" haha

Just now, RooR said:

I just received my 27" Predator, I go to micro center and the curved ultra wide is only 200 bucks more (on sale).... looks like i am doing a return on the 27" haha

Yeah, I was just there yesterday.  I go a few times a month whether I need to or not.  :D

12 hours ago, Stardar1 said:

I OWN a 2560x1080 panel from LG. I run it at 75hz. Hell I even run DSR up to 4K and it still uses 75hz. That "fact" is a load of bullshit. There's no reason for it to revert to 60hz for the native resolution. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

On 10/2/2016 at 4:14 PM, Necrodead said:

LG 34UC88 is a 34" IPS ultrawide (curved or non curved models) that goes up to 75hz if you enable freesync, so AMD card required. Its is also the best ultawide for the money currently if you don't want/need g-sync.

That monitor says it has a 14 second response time. Is that true

11 minutes ago, MatchuEnsmith said:

That monitor says it has a 14 second response time. Is that true

No, the Grey-to-Grey response time is actually 5ms.

What about the LG 34UC79G-B? It's a 144Hz 2560x1080 IPS.

--> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025424&cm_re=LG_34UC79G-B-_-24-025-424-_-Product

But beware! It's not cheap!

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)