Having trouble with my ssd boot drive and hdd not being recognized

Hello! Recently I have been seeing more and more problems with my PC getting a blue screen "we need to collect data and then we'll restart your computer". Also when I've booted up my computer sometimes it won't recognize my sdd boot drive. When my computer wakes up from sleep mode sometimes the hdd won't be read anymore either. I'm hoping neither of my drives are failing considering I've only had them for slightly over a year. My specs are in my signature as an fyi! Thanks in advance for your responses!

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

It is generally a good idea to download CrystalDiskInfo now, to see if there are any problems with your drives.
It is weird that both drives have problems.

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

Which version do I install?

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

3 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

The standard edition is fine.
You can use the following link and the download should start automatically if you want:
https://osdn.jp/projects/crystaldiskinfo/downloads/65980/CrystalDiskInfo7_0_3-en.exe/

Both drives are in "Good" condition

Just now, RyGuy99 said:

Both drives are in "Good" condition

Well, at least we know now that it is most likely not a drive failure.
The problem seems to be at a different point.

But this makes finding the problem not any easier :P
It could be a problem with a bad Windows installation or a memory error. Maybe even some bad SATA connections on your motherboard.

You could try to run a memtest, which can show you if there any problems with your RAM.
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

1. Test until 100% coverage (a quick test to make sure your RAM is functioning reasonably)
  2. Test for 1 hour (this will catch everything except intermittent of errors)
  3. Test overnight (recommended; your computer is not doing anything else at night anyway, why not be absolutely sure your RAM is good?

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Well, at least we know now that it is most likely not a drive failure.
The problem seems to be at a different point.

But this makes finding the problem not any easier :P
It could be a problem with a bad Windows installation or a memory error. Maybe even some bad SATA connections on your motherboard.

You could try to run a memtest, which can show you if there any problems with your RAM.
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

Oh man memtest :( I remember running that when I built the system and it takes forever. Btw I had to do a clean windows install about a month ago if that makes any difference.

1 minute ago, RyGuy99 said:

Oh man memtest :( I remember running that when I built the system and it takes forever. Btw I had to do a clean windows install about a month ago if that makes any difference.

Why did you do a clean windows install?
Did the problem occur before you reinstalled it?

11 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Why did you do a clean windows install?
Did the problem occur before you reinstalled it?

Problems with the programs not launching when you clicked on them and a few more problems I can't remember

6 minutes ago, RyGuy99 said:

Problems with the programs not launching when you clicked on them and a few more problems I can't remember

So it might just be a bad windows installation if the problems with your drives didn't occure before you reinstalled it.
You can try to reinstall Windows again, which is obviously a pain in the arse, but maybe the only choice you got so far. :/

Just now, Senzelian said:

So it might just be a bad windows installation if the problems with your drives didn't occure before you reinstalled it.
You can try to reinstall Windows again, which is obviously a pain in the arse, but maybe the only choice you got so far. :/

Damn. Yeah I did the reinstall with keeping some of the apps/programs. I noticed that it was a bit inconsistent with what apps it kept and which ones it didn't. Perhaps I should have done a complete clean install.

It may also be an issue with the SATA ports themselves. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i had this problem with my EVO too it something in the asus BIOS but i cant remember what...it was a lot of digging online

“When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money.”

The ASUS logo doesn't even appear when I boot up anymore. Just the windows logo. 

Now it's either booting right into the bios with no detected drives or booting into an American Megatrends page that detects the drives but says "USB Device Over current detected. Shutting off in 15 seconds" 

Now this screen has shown up. When I boot its very inconsistently switching between a screen like this (usually shows both drives as fine) and the ASUS boot logo (which is frozen and my computer shuts download. 

20161002_183823_HDR.jpg

I turned off the computer. Then I turned off the power supply and unplugged it for about 2 hours. After that I opened up the chassis and reseated the sata power and data cables. I moved the boot drive to another sata port but was unable to move my hdd to another port because of other cables being in the way. It booted up and asked to fix my disk problems. It didn't work the first nor second time. Crystaldisk says both drives are in good condition just like before. I'll update if anything changes.