CPU or Mobo dead, did i just kill 2 PCs??!!

Hi all,

I built a PC for a client yesterday, all was going pretty good until i turned the thing on:

I got no video signal, so i checked if i forgot something, and also reseated the memory, and checked all cables -> everything seemed to be fine, so i tried again, same result!

I disassembled the thing and built it on the MOBO Box, plugged in a system speaker, used only one DIMM in the recommended Slot, reseated the CPU and used the onboard Video, no beep, no video!

So i cleared the CMOS, but that also didn't do the job!

I pulled out the memory to test if i would get a Beepcode -> I got 1x long 2x short which is no memory installed!

Tested it the other DIMM, still not working!

Then an idea came to my mind, and after i did it i think it was sooooo stupid -.-

I pulled out an other PC i had around, also Skylake DDR4 but an OEM PC, tried the memory in my problem PC (Standard Samsung DDR4 8GB) but it didn't help so i switched it back!

Then i installed the i3 of my problem PC in the (2 weeks ago working) OEM PC and turned it on, no beep no video! :o

OK so the CPU is dead i thought, switched the OEM PC back to the original i5 AND what happend -> no video, no beep, Fan spinning fast! WTF

Now i have tried everything that came to my mind but i just can't figure out whats the source of my problem, i mean it seems to be the CPU but i didn't try the OEM PC after i switched the memory, so the MOBO also could have killed the RAM?! And i can't belive that the CPU killed the OEM PC???!!!

Specs:

The "Problem PC"

i3 6100

Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400

ASUS H170 PRO

Sapphire Radeon RX470

Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Seasonic G550

Antec 900

The OEM PC:

Fujitsu P556

i5 6500

1x 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133

Thank you sooooo much!!!

Power problem? Probably?

"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

Thank you for your reply!

I don't think so, the OEM has a diffrent PSU that i know for a fact is, is working fine, and the grid is also fine beacause my other PCs are working without any problem!

2 minutes ago, MuHammer said:

Thank you for your reply!

I don't think so, the OEM has a diffrent PSU that i know for a fact is, is working fine, and the grid is also fine beacause my other PCs are working without any problem!

Mhm, I'll make some research on this and will reply soon.

-Toast

"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs