(Someone Help) HD 7970 & i5 3570k

I have a Gigabyte radeon HD 7970 and an intel core i5 3570k. The problem is I do not have anything else. PLEASE help me figure out what other parts to get. Motherboard, RAM, PSU etc..

Welcome to the forum!

What is your budget? :) What are you going to be doing with your system? Are you going to be Crossfiring in the future? What form factor motherboard do you want? M-ITX, M-ATX, ATX, XL-ATX?

@jhawnn

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I have a Gigabyte radeon HD 7970 and an intel core i5 3570k. The problem is I do not have anything else. PLEASE help me figure out what other parts to get. Motherboard, RAM, PSU etc..

Pcpartpicker.com is a great site you can use to custom pick parts that are compatible with each other. The compatibility check isn't 100% accurate, but it gets the job done. Try it out, and give us some more info about what type of computer you want. :D

Asus P8Z77-V LK, 8gb 1600mhz CL9 ram if you are using it for gaming, XFX Core 650W for single gpu and 750W if you plan to expand to two gpus.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

All you need is ram which 8gb 1600Mhz will be fine, motherboard Asrock Extreme 4 and Corsair HX650 which will be enough for overclocking as well and a case fractal design r4 and coolermaster hyperevo 212 cpu cooler 

CPU:Intel i7 2700k OC @4.9Ghz cooled by custom water loop with xpsc dual240 rads, xpsc block and 750 pump/res|Ram:G-Skill RipJaw X 32GB 1866Mhz|Case: Corsair 750D|Motherboard:Asus Sabertooth Z77| Hard drive: 240GB Kingston SSD, Seagate 2TB, 1TB Hitachi |GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC cooled by custom water loop with xpsc gtx 770 block|PSU: Corsair HX750|Monitor: LG 27 inch IPS LED Cinema| Sound Card: Creative Fatal1ty X-FI professional| Build log:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/64792-just-finished-off-first-watercooled-rig/