Custom One Pro VS ATH-50

nsyedhasan

Which one should I get? What if I want to spend less like a 100 dollars or so. Please recommend a pair! And are they worth it? I love my music. I appreciate my music at higher quality. I usually listen to 320 KBPS MP3 or more. Dubstep and other things like it. Getting to rock and older stuff.

Quote me to get a reply!

the cop is a nice option comparing my dt770 and my  m50 I think I like the dt770 better for overall but I like having the m50 for the finer details you hear from string instruments and pianos. I'm going to think the same for the COP vs m50 scenario

For your use case the Custom One Pros will be a lot better however it it the question of if your willing to spend around $100 more for them.

If you get the M-50s you can use the leftover money to buy a DAC.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

well if you can find one of them that is under $100 then A make sure its not counterfeit or defective and B buy 12 of them

I can't. :(  I want some but some people(not on the forums) have told me wasting money by buying them and just buy 30 dollar headphones. Same about a mechanical keyboard. That I could get a keyboard that's the same for 10 dollars. :(

Quote me to get a reply!

For your use case the Custom One Pros will be a lot better however it it the question of if your willing to spend around $100 more for them.

I found the One Pros for 170 dollars at NCIX. And I will get a AMP and DAC later on.

Quote me to get a reply!

I don't have any experience with the Custom One Pros but as for the M50's, they sound great, very clean sound. They aren't the most comfortable pair of headphones ever but they do a good job a blocking and isolating noise. If you can find them  for ~100$, you've got a deal :) I just got a pair of DT 990 pro 250 ohms and they are just fantastic. You might want to look into open headphones, they sound amazing but maybe not for your use case since bass isn't always the best element of open headphones. Either way, M50's are great and the reviews of the custom one pros are great as well, it's up to you :)

Slick's rocking the custom one pros and loving them, that might be relevant or not to you  ;)

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

the cop is a nice option comparing my dt770 and my  m50 I think I like the dt770 better for overall but I like having the m50 for the finer details you hear from string instruments and pianos. I'm going to think the same for the COP vs m50 scenario

I don't have any experience with the Custom One Pros but as for the M50's, they sound great, very clean sound. They aren't the most comfortable pair of headphones ever but they do a good job a blocking and isolating noise. If you can find them  for ~100$, you've got a deal :) I just got a pair of DT 990 pro 250 ohms and they are just fantastic. You might want to look into open headphones, they sound amazing but maybe not for your use case since bass isn't always the best element of open headphones. Either way, M50's are great and the reviews of the custom one pros are great as well, it's up to you :)

Slick's rocking the custom one pros and loving them, that might be relevant or not to you  ;)

Could you guys recommend something under 100 dollars?

Quote me to get a reply!

Pioneer SE-A1000 absolutely owns the sub $100 price range. They're open, though.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Pioneer SE-A1000 absolutely owns the sub $100 price range. They're open, though.

How the bass? Does it leak much?

Quote me to get a reply!

How the bass? Does it leak much?

The bass is on par with the HD 650, but the Pioneer has a spike in the treble so overall they sound a bit more flat. It "leaks" just like any open headphone, but for sub-$100 there's not a huge amount of "great" options.

You should get the Custom One Pros if you're willing to spend that kind of money and you want a mobile headphone. If you're using it at home, the DT770 or DT990 can be had for less money

The bass is on par with the HD 650, but the Pioneer has a spike in the treble so overall they sound a bit more flat. It "leaks" just like any open headphone, but for sub-$100 there's not a huge amount of "great" options.

You should get the Custom One Pros if you're willing to spend that kind of money and you want a mobile headphone. If you're using it at home, the DT770 or DT990 can be had for less money

Yeah I'm thinking to get the Ones. What about buying a DAC or AMP?

Quote me to get a reply!

Boy, now that's a tough one right there.  I've been going back and forth with my M50s and CUPs for about a month now.  The ATH-M50s have a bit more midrange frequency detail, but the CUPs have one hell of a powerful, but somehow not bloated or muddy, bass response with a very convincing amount of subwoofer-like "bloom" effect, especially at position 2.

You sound like you'll want a V-shaped headphone, though, so I vote CUPs for you.  I think they'll last you longer as well.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Boy, now that's a tough one right there.  I've been going back and forth with my M50s and CUPs for about a month now.  The ATH-M50s have a bit more midrange frequency detail, but the CUPs have one hell of a powerful, but somehow not bloated or muddy, bass response with a very convincing amount of subwoofer-like "bloom" effect, especially at position 2.

You sound like you'll want a V-shaped headphone, though, so I vote CUPs for you.  I think they'll last you longer as well.

AMP or DAC? Would I need one?

Quote me to get a reply!

No, they're 16 ohm headphones...

Actually, the CUPs need more volume than the M50s.  Go figure that one.

AMP or DAC? Would I need one?

nah

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

No, they're 16 ohm headphones...

nah

So should I invest in one now or later? Later I'd have more money then.

Quote me to get a reply!

99db of the m50's vs 96db of the cop's

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

So basically deafening at highest volume?

Quote me to get a reply!

So should I invest in one now or later? Later I'd have more money then.

You don't need a DAC or amp, but it might be nice to have one in the future. Save up for an O2+ODAC and then you'll be set for life.

You don't need a DAC or amp, but it might be nice to have one in the future. Save up for an O2+ODAC and then you'll be set for life.

Yeah, I may get one with the nob upgrade. Maybe even blue or red.

Quote me to get a reply!

I found the One Pros for 170 dollars at NCIX. And I will get a AMP and DAC later on.

ya i was about to link this, saw it in their newsletter

yeah, yet more proof the SENSITIVITY and not so much the impedance of a headphone makes it easier or harder to drive to a respectable volume.

no, that's typically at 1mw

What?

Quote me to get a reply!

the sensitivity is rated in db when the headphones are driven with 1 milli watt

the impedance will change what voltage is needed to achieve that milliwatt

it requires a lot of math and formulas involving ohms law, but I've having trouble putting in words at the moment.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac