display could not be migrated

rub17

ever since i bought this new 4k screen it dint want to go to 4k uhd just the build in one in my pc nor did it want to go 60hz when i do have a supported display port 1.2 can any one help me with this im real frustraited

sorry my english isnt good

gtx 1070 my gpu

i7 4790  my cpu

Naamloos.png

Naamloos2.png

3 hours ago, rub17 said:

ever since i bought this new 4k screen it dint want to go to 4k uhd just the build in one in my pc nor did it want to go 60hz when i do have a supported display port 1.2 can any one help me with this im real frustraited

sorry my english isnt good

gtx 1070 my gpu

i7 4790  my cpu

Some monitors have their ports set to DisplayPort 1.1 mode by default for compatibility reasons, which is limited to 4K 30 Hz. Try looking around in the monitor's menu for an option to change the DisplayPort version to 1.2.

3 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Some monitors have their ports set to DisplayPort 1.1 mode by default for compatibility reasons, which is limited to 4K 30 Hz. Try looking around in the monitor's menu for an option to change the DisplayPort version to 1.2.

the input on the monitor was set on auto i changed it manually to displayport even restarted my pc all still the same result dp capability is also set on 1.2

15 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Try disconnecting the monitor from power for a minute.

i waited for a few mins still same result tried restarting pc both don't help

1 hour ago, NoobCase said:

Your cable might not have the bandwidth to support 4k 60hz even if its DP 1.2. 

all dp cables have 4k 60hz support so far ive seen 0 with 30hz only and i have checked mine for sure bandwidth to

1 hour ago, rub17 said:

all dp cables have 4k 60hz support so far ive seen 0 with 30hz only and i have checked mine for sure bandwidth to

What the bandwidth rated at on your cable? 

There can be quite the gav on the bandwidth on dp cables.  4k 60 requires rugby 12 G its per second. Some 1.2 cables simple doesn't live up to that even though they should to live up to the 1.2 standard.