Need Help Finding A Phone.

GigaSnow

I have had the Note 3 since March of 2014. It's served me really well, but it's time to upgrade. 

I'm ready to sit down and budget out a new phone purchase. I'm going on some trips in 2017 and I'd like a new phone with a new camera to take with me.

I love the size of the Note. I like big phones, and the Note was perfect. 

Problem is, the Note 7 seems to be a no-go. I'm reading a couple articles that are saying that even the replacement batteries could pose a hazard (although they weren't completely able to confirm this). The Note 5 is an option, but I don't feel like paying that much for a year-old phone (and AT&T only has the Gold version listed on their website).

I'm also not really a big fan of Apple, and their exclusion of the headjack on the 7 is the cherry on top for me.

I'm looking for something big, with a decent camera. Considering the S7 (or some variation of it), but would like some input as to what else to look into.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm not willing to go the used route.

I would reconsider the Note 7. As far as I'm aware, there's only been one incident of a replacement unit having a problem and I think that it was in China where it has a different chipset than the US models, so your chances of having problems with one are very very small. Other than that, the S7 edge is an excellent option, and the LG V20 is also pretty great.  

I agree with both of the above posts.

The OnePlus 3 delivers the best value for price in a flagship device.

The Note 7 issues, imo, are thrown out of proportion. Every lithium ion battery has the potential to "explode". That is why they are marked hazardous. The real issue is how you are charging your device. Note how your phone feels (ANY phone) when plugged into a car and allowed to charge. The phone gets SUPER hot and is destroying the battery.

Consider the amount of Note 7s sold vs the number of problem devices that have risen. The manufacturer can't help you if you want to use a $1 phone charger on a $700+ phone.