My new PC i made wont run games

NathanIsAnIdiot

So for my first PC to introduce me into the world of PC gaming, I wanted something budget friendly and simple that can run most games. I did my research and decided to pick a pentium 4 as my processer because it's super cheap on ebay. I wanted to spend the most money on a graphics card so my games have good graphics. I decided to go with an evga 1080. When I try to run minecraft and roblox it lags really bad. what did i do wrong? ps. i also have 2 gigabytes of ram.

you got a weak processor and practically no ram and the second most expensive graphics card on the market. The 1080 shouldn't be paired with anything less than an i5 6600k, and you want at least 8 GB of ram for gaming these days

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Pentium 4 and 2 GB of RAM is what's wrong.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

17 minutes ago, NathanIsAnIdiot said:

So for my first PC to introduce me into the world of PC gaming, I wanted something budget friendly and simple that can run most games. I did my research and decided to pick a pentium 4 as my processer because it's super cheap on ebay. I wanted to spend the most money on a graphics card so my games have good graphics. I decided to go with an evga 1080. When I try to run minecraft and roblox it lags really bad. what did i do wrong? ps. i also have 2 gigabytes of ram.

I think the GTX 1080 is bottle necking the pentium 4 and 2GB of ram. I would upgrade the GPU.

Just now, CaptainGunny said:

I think the GTX 1080 is bottle necking the pentium 4 and 2GB of ram. I would upgrade the GPU.

What do you recommend?

6 minutes ago, NathanIsAnIdiot said:

What do you recommend?

I think you would need Titan XP SLI

6 hours ago, it_dont_work said:

Nar leave it, just sell the 1080 and buy a 7800gt

7800gt is old though xD

6 hours ago, CaptainGunny said:

I think you would need Titan XP SLI

those cost to much

2 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Yea but it'll play crysis

witch crysis would it play?

3 hours ago, NathanIsAnIdiot said:

... I did my research and decided to pick a pentium 4 as my processer because it's super cheap on ebay. ... .... ps. i also have 2 gigabytes of ram.

This makes me think you are trolling. Pics or didn't happen. If you would do research, you wouldn't pick 10yo CPU with fresh GPU. Idk if mobo even would have PCIe slot.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv