Which software do you guys use I order to back up your drives?

Go to solution Solved by middleclasspoor,

Macrium 'Reflect' - free version provides full volume imaging and differential backups.

It provides automatic scheduling as well.

This software has saved me on multiple occasions for restoring failed drives to new ones (bare metal restore).

I am currently using 2 HDDs in my system. One is HD black for all the games and softwares. I do not have much concern about it. Cos I don't have any pirated games on it. If the drive fails, I will buy a new one and reinstall all the programs on it. No biggie. However my secondary drive is a 2TB WD green drives. It has a lot of movies and videos and photos on it. Is there any software I can use to automatically back it up to my external drive? Something like time machine? I hate transfer 1TB of movies to an 5400 rpm 2.5 inch hard drive... It takes years to finish.... 

What about you guys? Do you do a regular back up? Or no back up at all? What software do you guys use? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Ctrl-C

Ctrl-V

Thar ya go.

No faffing about with software, quick and simple.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

4 minutes ago, Gravemind said:

Ctrl-C

Ctrl-V

Thar ya go.

No faffing about with software, quick and simple.

Ok.....I guess I just have to do it while I am not using my pc.... 

I use Amazon Cloud Drive, because it's the cheapest cloud I know of for storing multiple TB online, but at home my only local backup are on flash drives and hard drives. Like Gravemind said, I just copy and paste. Even the Amazon Cloud PC client isn't automatic, I still have to tell it what folders to back up and that includes when new files are added. 

I use Windows Explorer. Great program 10/10

I keep a lot of my stuff on my mirrored array. But I guess that doesn't provide a 'backup' I could revert to, just insurance incase of drive failure.

You're not a man unless you lost your virginity to a 2x4.

Okay ... so I just copy and paste then wait for a few hours...>.<

I use crashplan to backup files to an old laptop, it doesn't do programs, but I keep installers and product keys in my mega account.  On all of my operating systems it is set up that if a drive dies or the OS breaks (did that over the weekend on one of my linux installs) it will only take 3 hours to get back up and running.

https://www.crashplan.com/en-us/

Macrium 'Reflect' - free version provides full volume imaging and differential backups.

This software has saved me on multiple occasions for restoring failed drives to new ones (bare metal restore).

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".

I agree With middleclasspoor. Macrium Reflect is by far the best backup software iv used

7 hours ago, middleclasspoor said:

24 minutes ago, lost said:

I agree With middleclasspoor. Macrium Reflect is by far the best backup software iv used

What version do you guys use??? Is the free one okay?? 

Free one is perfect no issues with it