Borderlands 2, considered a true FPS?

dasr1985

Then a RPG just has to have role playing and be a game. As I said before the definition of the acronym of the name of a genre does not solely define the genre. 

Your right about RPGs, but not so about FPS games.

"First-person shooter (FPS) is a video game genre centered on gun and projectile weapon-based combat through a first-person perspective; that is, the player experiences the action through the eyes of the protagonist."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-person_shooter

Borderlands 2 matches that. The game is a FPS and an RPG.

If I am wrong then tell me the definition of FPS. Can you tell me why it isn't an FPS?

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Best explaination I can give at the moment right quick its more than a FPS so not just a FPS. I will elaborate on this and what I see as a fps further later.

Would you consider Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 and NV to be FPS games. They are in first person but they are not FPS games but more RPG's that are in first person.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's in first person, and you shoot things.

I'd call it an fps

So if it contains more than the first person perspective and shooting its not an FPS? Its still an FPS.

It depends how you play Fallout and Elder scrolls whether its an FPS or not. Do you play it in first person mode? are you using a projectile based weapon?

Oh by the way, Since CoD has leveling up in the multiplayer, its not an FPS because its more than just the FPS part. Kappa. :o

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I like to compare Borderlands to Diablo. They're both really focused on loot, and have some RPG elements (Diablo definitely is more RPG). But, they both have more than just RPG elements, they have another aspect. Diablo has pretty action-orientated gameplay, with the stat system of a regular RPG.

Borderlands has less RPG elements, with a focus on adventure in FPS style. While I personally didn't like Borderlands as much as someone else may have, I have a respect for loot-based games since Diablo 2 is a game I list as my favorite. 

Borderlands is an FPS, not an RPG. Diablo 2 is an action-adventure/hack n slash game, not an RPG.

The definition of RPG has really changed, and I think people get really confused as to what is and what isn't an RPG.

CPU: i5 3570k @ 3.4 GHz      RAMKingston HyperX Grey Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)      MOBO: ASRock Z77E-ITX  

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 1060 6GB     HDD's: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  

PSUSilverStone Strider ST50F-P 500W       Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black)