When it's time to give up

I've spending the last 24 hours (not exaggerating) updating Microsoft's worthless Windows vista (doesn't deserve caps) for use as a HTPC but you know what I think it's time to give it up and let the machine win. First of all I "successfully" installed close to 100 updates which should have only taken four hours but turned into eight hours. Need less to say I'm very tired and just want the computer to work, but after 16 hours of staring at a computer screen (not in a row) I'm finally going to give up and come up with another solution; It involves a blow torch, a hammer, and perhaps gasoline if it's cold out.

Guy comes home tells his wife to pack her bags, she says "where are we going?" guy replies "I don't know where you're going to just be out of here by five."

I've spending the last 24 hours (not exaggerating) updating Microsoft's worthless Windows vista (doesn't deserve caps) for use as a HTPC but you know what I think it's time to give it up and let the machine win. First of all I "successfully" installed close to 100 updates which should have only taken four hours but turned into eight hours. Need less to say I'm very tired and just want the computer to work, but after 16 hours of staring at a computer screen (not in a row) I'm finally going to give up and come up with another solution; It involves a blow torch, a hammer, and perhaps gasoline if it's cold out.

Linux?

Don't blame the machine, blame the game software.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Blame the machine and post a vid of it burning :)

kill_it_with_fire-s678x438-132452.jpg

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Linux?

Don't blame the machine, blame the game software.

Bingo! I'm not blaming the machine. 

Guy comes home tells his wife to pack her bags, she says "where are we going?" guy replies "I don't know where you're going to just be out of here by five."

Blame the machine and post a vid of it burning :)

kill_it_with_fire-s678x438-132452.jpg

I'll be demolishing the HDD with a saw. Don't really want to blow up a house.