HELP ME WITH GAMING PC BUILD PLEASE

Hey! I am picking the parts for my first ever gaming pc build and i have a couple of questions regarding that subject. Before i start i just wanted to let you know that i am 15 years old and i live in Sweden :) Ok so, I will hava a picture in here that shows you how my build is looking like as of now. So yeah, the first question i wanted to ask you is that are all the parts i choose compatible with each other and works good together? like nothing will overheat or won't work or fit together and stuff like that? Ok and the 2nd question i wanted to ask you is that, do you have any recommendations as of what i could change or anything else along those lines? And i also wanted to know if the case is big enough for everything to fit inside of it like the motherboard, gpu (1070), cpu cooler and etcetera. Finnaly my last question is that will the ram,gpu, cpu and cpu cooler i choose work with the motherboard I choose? (ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming)   

Screenshot_4.png

Everything is compatible. Nothing will overheat and everything will fit in the case.

If I had one critique, however, it is the power supply. The NEX/B1 isn't good. I'd rather get the EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 instead.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

All of that will work together, although you should use the website PCPartPicker because it will show you compatibility and puts it all into one good list with prices.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

Yes to all.

Only thing I would probably change is the PSU. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

Yes to all.

Only thing I would probably change is the PSU. 

why dose everyone tell me to change the psu o.O is it because the 1070 needs more wats like 1000W? or something else because i dont understand what the bad thing is about my the psu i choose :/ and do you have any recommendations of what psu i should get? 

Would go with different cooler though so you have more OC headroom. Scythe Fuma is a good one that also is not as costly as the Noctua's.

To safe some money you could also go with a lower W range PSU. 550-650 is more then enough. And for slight less ( but overall not noticable) performance, you can buy the cheaper Samsung 750 series.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

5 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

All of that will work together, although you should use the website PCPartPicker because it will show you compatibility and puts it all into one good list with prices.

thanks a lot man :)

6 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Everything is compatible. Nothing will overheat and everything will fit in the case.

If I had one critique, however, it is the power supply. The NEX/B1 isn't good. I'd rather get the EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 instead.

alright man! but why go with such low wats for a gpu like the 1070? i thought it would atleast need 650W :o 

1 minute ago, StoryVFX said:

why dose everyone tell me to change the psu o.O is it because the 1070 needs more wats like 1000W? or something else because i dont understand what the bad thing is about my the psu i choose :/ and do you have any recommendations of what psu i should get? 

No, it's not the amount of power that's the problem. It's the quality.

The NEX series are notorious for their crappy voltage regulation which can put stress on the VRMs of your motherboard and GPU.

I suggest the EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 or the Corsair RM550x as good options.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, StoryVFX said:

The PSU is not of high quality. Its internal components are more likely to fail or cause other issues with rippling currents etc and can cause premature death. Getting a higher quality PSU will lessen this likelihood. The PSU is one component you do NOT want to cheap out on for this reason. If the PSU has issues, it is very likely to take other components with it and destroy your entire system. This is why we are very critical of the PSU's people get. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, StoryVFX said:

alright man! but why go with such low wats for a gpu like the 1070? i thought it would atleast need 650W :o 

Pascal is incredibly energy efficient. Expect 350W to be your max load while gaming.

Spoiler

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

No, it's not the amount of power that's the problem. It's the quality.

The NEX series are notorious for their crappy voltage regulation which can put stress on the VRMs of your motherboard and GPU.

I suggest the EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 or the Corsair RM550x as good options.

Ok :) so i wont hava any problemes with anything overheating if i go with the SuperNOVA 550 G2 or the Corsair RM550x?? Becuase iv always been told that i need atleast 650W 

also get a minimum 8gb for the system

gaming on newer will heavily require it. get 1 stick of 8gb for upgradabilty as u can then have a max 32 gb ( 64) available . but 16 is overkill for your use

Just now, StoryVFX said:

Ok :) so i wont hava any problemes with anything overheating if i go with the SuperNOVA 550 G2 or the Corsair RM550x?? Becuase iv always been told that i need atleast 650W 

nah, 550w is more than enough for your system. If you plan on going SLI or anything, you should look at 750w version. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

The PSU is not of high quality. Its internal components are more likely to fail or cause other issues with rippling currents etc and can cause premature death. Getting a higher quality PSU will lessen this likelihood. The PSU is one component you do NOT want to cheap out on for this reason. If the PSU has issues, it is very likely to take other components with it and destroy your entire system. This is why we are very critical of the PSU's people get. 

ok so do you have any recommendations of what psu i should get for my build? 

corsair RM650x is agood safe choice but if you are considering sli setup 750 watt should be the bare minimum  

3 minutes ago, StoryVFX said:

Nope. I could run two GTX 1080s at stock clocks if I wanted to on a 550W power supply.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Nope. I could run two GTX 1080s at stock clocks if I wanted to on a 550W power supply.

WOW! Thats insane :o ok so witch one is the best? the SuperNOVA 550 G2 or the Corsair RM550x??

Just now, StoryVFX said:

WOW! Thats insane :o ok so witch one is the best? the SuperNOVA 550 G2 or the Corsair RM550x??

The beauty of advancing technology. Of course, I wouldn't recommend doing it because some headroom is always important but just saying it's possible.

Pick whichever one is cheaper.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, RALalong said:

corsair RM650x is agood safe choice but if you are considering sli setup 750 watt should be the bare minimum  

Okay :) and no im only going with one gpu but i am planing to get more ram then just 16gb but that will not be a problem will it? o.O

also power supply efficiency suggests you go for 100 watt more as making it work 100% will decrease your psu(capacitors) life and if before dying they wont be as efficient. 

4 minutes ago, StoryVFX said:

Okay :) and no im only going with one gpu but i am planing to get more ram then just 16gb but that will not be a problem will it? o.O

650 is a good option . but if you are not looking for sli , u can go for a cheaper motherboard and invest in better peripherals and 16gb is overkill if u want to only game . 

8gb = gaming

16gb= gaming/streaming / editing

Edited by RALalong
addition

Just now, RALalong said:

also power supply efficiency suggests you go for 100 watt more as making it work 100% will decrease your psu(capacitors) life and if before dying they wont be as efficient. 

alright! :) i think i am going with the corsair RM650x :x looks like a great psu and the price isnt that much higer! Btw, I am not doubting you but are you sure that I would not have any problems with it running the 

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Armor OC and Intel Core i7 6700K 4,0GHz ???

4 minutes ago, RALalong said:

650 is a good option . but if you are not looking for sli , u can go for a cheaper motherboard and invest in better peripherals and 16gb is overkill if u want to only game . 

8gb = gaming

16gb= gaming/streaming / editing

Ok :) and no im not only gaming, i also do 3d modeling in After Effects and C4D:P