GPU artifacts,only with Windows 10

My friend was running an R9 280x with the same PSU as mine,so I'm probably fine with this setup. At least I hope so :/

2 minutes ago, Mancube said:

@SageOfSpice Could my CPU overclock be making this issue with the NB?

Unless you've touched BCLK or NB, it's unlikely. A multiplier OC can exhibit instability, but it'll generally crash before it causes weird artifacting issues such as that. Only on rare occassions have I seen a CPU continue to run normally after spitting out erroneous results. 

@Mancube What's the watts of you're psu?

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

As I reboot now,I'll take pictures of my BIOS settings,maybe I touched something I shouldn't have?

@Mancube You can try to reset your bios and see if it helps. If it does, try overclock your cpu again. If the problem persists, the problem is the overclock thing.

Also 500w is the recommended watts for that graphics card. Normaly I would get a PSU with a little bit more like 550w. But 500w is fine I guess.

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Swapped RAM slots. Should I go play a game for a bit and come back with results?

@Mancube Yes.

@Mancube Did you reset your bios?

@Mancube Nice :). Try to run some more games, maybe even running any benchmarking software.

Now no issues,really low GPU temps,i had like 66-71 in average till now.

No visible artifacts,yay!

But I really am not convinced this is fixed.If it is that's great,and a big thank you for all of you that replied! @SherifsDog22 @0x1e @WAR Corporation @SageOfSpice

But if it isn't ,you'll hear back from me tommorow(it's half past midnight here :D)

Untitled.png

@Mancube Np :D

If you need more help, count with me :P

Guess what,the problem reappeared.

I tested my RAM with memtest,no errors found.

Video with the current example is uploading to YT now.

BTW, on my MoBo, the Asus M5A97 LE R2.0,I'm on the latest BIOS version,2701.

Mind the music, idk if i get a copyright strike,it's a private video.

You can see the streched lines and polygons,flickering buttons etc.

@Mancube I didn't read throughout the whole thread so I don't know if it was tried, did you try to underclock your GPU (like 100Mhz Core and vRAM)?

Also if you have any software for FPS monitoring try turning it off first, I remember having problems with Fraps and my old 7770 in a few games.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

@wkdpaul Hm,I think i tried underclocking,but I guess I can try it again.

This was recorded with Bandicam,and I have RivaTuner statistics running also. No fraps though.

Edit:You can read the first post,on Win7(Ultimate x64) all worked fine,same clocks,same driver version.

1 minute ago, Mancube said:

@wkdpaul Hm,I think i tried underclocking,but I guess I can try it again.

This was recorded with Bandicam,and I have RivaTuner statistics running also. No fraps though.

ok, try with them off (Bandicam and Riva) and a slight underclock ... after all it's "free" and could give an indication of what the problem could be.

@wkdpaul Entered WoW again,same thing even with all above mentioned turned off and with an underclock.

Capture.PNG

@Mancube

At this point, apart from a dying GPU I'm not sure what else could be the problem (you switching to Win 10 could be a coincidence) :(