My computer won't connect to ethernet or send sound to head phones

zconflictz7
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
1 minute ago, zconflictz7 said:

I already had windows 10. But this update was wierd. It was like"hi" "we just updated your computer" it changed the looks of some stuff. 

Anniversary update?

If you can't connect to internet or use audio it's probably your motherboard drivers not working correctly.

If you upgraded from windows 7/8 to 10 then that would be the reason and you should go do a clean install right now.

Otherwise, you can try getting those drivers onto a USB drive from another PC that has internet connection, and then try installing those.

I woke up to a updating computer. I was like this is fine. Then it was completed I logged on to find that my ethernet was not connected and my headphones or microphone were not working. I did a few tests. Headphones in phone and they worked. Tried recording with me mic no go. But my speakers work. Idk if this cause of the windows update. Please help. Should I restore to windows 7 or is my mobo dead. Specs are on profile.

Did it install windows 10?

You should do a clean install, and that should fix it:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I already had windows 10. But this update was wierd. It was like"hi" "we just updated your computer" it changed the looks of some stuff. 

Anniversary update?

If you can't connect to internet or use audio it's probably your motherboard drivers not working correctly.

If you upgraded from windows 7/8 to 10 then that would be the reason and you should go do a clean install right now.

Otherwise, you can try getting those drivers onto a USB drive from another PC that has internet connection, and then try installing those.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

would reverting to win 7 work ?

I have all of the disks for the all of the drivers. 

We all good. i used the driver disks that came with the computer. Always keep your discs