My first real gaming rig

Hey,

So as you can see in the title, I'm planning to buy my first real gaming rig, for the most part I've been using laptops, but I say no more to the cuts in performance that comes with such machines.

The biggest problem I see in upgrading to full-fledged pc master race member is my lack of experience when it come to the hardware as I've only recently begone to seriously get into tech stuff.

The main aim of my pc is good quality gaming and I mean, GOOD quality gaming. I'm also into streaming so it can be kept in mind when discussing this build.

Now that we have that finished, let's get into the build:

CPU: Intel Core I5-6600k

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB 3000MHz 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-D3H

CPU Cooling: SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425

Power supply: SilentiumPC Vero M1 600W

HD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

Case: SilentiumPC Aquaris X70W Pure Black

Drive: Asus 24F1MT

Additionaly it comes with Gdata Internet Security for 1 year

There's no OS included

As you can probably guess it pre-built, the price for a kit like that is 5100 PLN, which is roughly 1325 USD (shipping included), so, there's a few things on which I'd like your opinion and advice:

-The most important thing of all of them, do you think it's worth it, is a pre-built pc like that decent and how much better could I get if I build it myself

-How can I improve it in case I decide to build it myself

-Is GTX 1070 G1 Gaming good? I know that's a pretty stupid question, but what I mean is, how does it compare to some other GPUs like MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming or MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X and what's the main difference between them

I'm probably gonna start off with using 1 1920x1080 monitor but I'm looking forward to using 2 in the future, apart from the pc itself I need to buy better keyboard and such but it's gonna be done over some time so my budget (which is about 5100 PLN, it may very a little in case there's something that can really up the performance) isn't including any of them, only the pc itself.

Here's the link to the build (it's in polish but I believe you guys can manage) : https://www.morele.net/morele-sky-g5200-774305/

And here's a link to the site itself if you'd like to see other builds they have in case you could recommend some alternative: https://www.morele.net/komputery/komputery-pc/komputery-dla-graczy-672/,,,,,,,p,1,,/1/

I really apreaciate any help you guys can provide, because as you can see, I'm quite a noob lord. Please no haterino my asserino

Only thing I can answer because tl;dr

but that 1070 is balls to the wall. Get it.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Id get a different psu, thats not a great one, but i don't know prices, you could also get a 500w psu.

Id get a ssd.

What OS are you running?

Gdata Internet Security for 1 year

Don't use this

Jesus don't get that PSU

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=437

It died when load-tested.

Some SilentiumPC PSUs are good, but not that one.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

But I absolutely agree with the case and CPU cooler from SilentiumPC. If there's one thing they do right, it's having great cooling to noise.

Are you sure you need a DVD reader?

I see no SSD. You'll want one they're amazing. Even a 120GB can fit your OS and some games.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Jesus don't get that PSU

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=437

It died when load-tested.

Some SilentiumPC PSUs are good, but not that one.

Agree, personally shoot for a EVGA one at lease

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id get a different psu, thats not a great one, but i don't know prices, you could also get a 500w psu.

Id get a ssd.

What OS are you running?

Gdata Internet Security for 1 year

Don't use this

I've been using windows 10 since it came out and I'm pretty happy with the experience

1 minute ago, Acrayd said:

I've been using windows 10 since it came out and I'm pretty happy with the experience

You need to buy anouther copy for this compuer.

Its a fine system, but you can probably build better. If you don't want to build it your self it will work well.

7 minutes ago, Acrayd said:

-The most important thing of all of them, do you think it's worth it, is a pre-built pc like that decent and how much better could I get if I build it myself

It depends on the prices for hardware in your area, but if we're talking $1300 USD, then you can build something better.

-How can I improve it in case I decide to build it myself

An SSD would certainly help.

-Is GTX 1070 G1 Gaming good? I know that's a pretty stupid question, but what I mean is, how does it compare to some other GPUs like MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming or MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X and what's the main difference between them

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1731?vs=1743

You're looking at about a 50% improvement across the board. As far as MSI card, there's no real difference probably other than clock speeds. However I see the Gaming X has one disadvantage, it's a wide card at 5" rather than the standard 4". If you get a smaller case, you won't be able to fit the Gaming X.

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

But I absolutely agree with the case and CPU cooler from SilentiumPC. If there's one thing they do right, it's having great cooling to noise.

Are you sure you need a DVD reader?

I see no SSD. You'll want one they're amazing. Even a 120GB can fit your OS and some games.

Yea I probably won't be needing it, it just comes with the rest of the stuff so if I decide to buy the pre-build I guess I'd take it if it's included lol

SSD is something I plan on buying, it's just that I need to start off with... something to have a place for my SSD

Here is what you get if you custom built

Good PSU, good case, cooler might not be best and good gpu

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($227.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($92.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($62.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($93.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.71 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  ($433.94 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1149.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-23 23:29 EDT-0400

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

Keep in mind, Poland

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

Keep in mind, Poland

Ok.

So, assuming I'll build it myself, do you have any other tips on how to improve the build? Apart from adding an SSD, getting rid of the drive and considering different PSU.

This is almost how it will cost if you build it your own.

Things that are not same is cooler (can't find so I stick with 212), drive (the difference is 1 letter and not much) and different psu. CX is not bad but that CS looks cheap af

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($227.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($106.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($414.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($36.99 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($18.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $960.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-23 23:36 EDT-0400

1 minute ago, Acrayd said:

So, assuming I'll build it myself, do you have any other tips on how to improve the build? Apart from adding an SSD, getting rid of the drive and considering different PSU.

Get an LED light strip to make it beautiful

Custom PSU cable sleeves too if not a big deal

Follow a theme like all blue or all red. Or rainbow?

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Get an LED light strip to make it beautiful

Custom PSU cable sleeves too if not a big deal

Follow a theme like all blue or all red. Or rainbow?

That's for sure, after all we all know it comes down to looks>everything else

4 minutes ago, Acrayd said:

Yea I probably won't be needing it, it just comes with the rest of the stuff so if I decide to buy the pre-build I guess I'd take it if it's included lol

SSD is something I plan on buying, it's just that I need to start off with... something to have a place for my SSD

Let's see, I don't speak Polish but I know my way around a computer parts store. I assume your budget is 5100 Zloty.

i5 6600K, 1059 Zl

16GB Crucial DDR4 2133MHz, 295 Zl

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3, 499 Zl

SilentiumPC HE1425 v2, 139 Zl

Gigabyte GTX 1070, 2089 Zl

WD Blue 1TB HDD, 228 Zl

SanDisk 240GB SSD, 275 Zl

Fractal Design Core 2300 Case, 197 Zl

Corsair CX550M, 279 Zl

Sums up to 5060, and  You Don’t Need a Product Key to Install and Use Windows 10 (if you don't like the watermark, you can get a Windows Key later).

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

My budget could probably go as far as 5500, so if you can see any improvements with the builds you guys listed (apreaciate it), go wild lol

At 5500 I could probably jump to an i7 6700K/Z170/3000MHz RAM and a 240GB-256GB SSD.  Do you need Windows?

2 hours ago, Acrayd said:

Snip

I read the original post, but i got to this thread late and there is too much else to read, so I apologize if anything i say here has already been said or is out of place..

But from my understanding you are looking to buy a PC for $1325 USD for gaming/streaming and are wondering if that pre-built is worth it. Here is the best PC I can build for around that price: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/LVxHWX

in this build you get:

- a better CPU (hyperthreading will help with streaming while gaming on CPU intensive games as well as high fps gaming--100+)

- a better CPU cooler. The Cryorig H7 is smaller and quieter than the competition whilst giving better performance than pretty much anything else in or around its price class.

- a better motherboard (better overclocking potential, USB C, better connectivity, and better aesthetics imo)

- faster Memory, 3200MHz up from 3000MHz. You're unlikely to really notice the difference between these two except when your CPU is stressed, and having a better CPU will mean you'll notice this less often, but better is better.

- a SSD. an SSD will make your os MUCH faster as well as increasing boot times and application speeds. it will also increase game load times and loading screen times (it will not affect your FPS in any way)

- a slightly better GPU. If you do manual overclocking you're going to get about the same performance, but this one should be slightly cooler and/or quieter. if you're just running stock speeds this one should perform slightly better as it comes with a more aggressive factory overclock

- You get a MUCH better PSU with alot more wattage, longer warranty, and longer life expectancy. You should be able to use this PSU in any computer you own for the next 10 years at least (10 year warranty from EVGA). You don't need anywhere near this much wattage in your system, but the 550W version of this PSU (the one I normally suggest) was only 9 dollars cheaper and has a much shorter warranty so i figured for an extra 9 bucks... why not?

- You get a better overall aesthetic (imo). This build will be primarily black and white and the envy of all of your friends. Don't like white? no problem, put LED's inside your case and all that white soaks up any colour LED you put in there, effectively making it look that colour. If you would prefer a different colour scheme just let me know and I'll see if i can work some magic.

Literally the only downsides to building this PC yourself would be that you would have to learn how to assemble a PC yourself (its as easy as just plugging everything in the appropriate spot) and you don't get an optical drive (you can buy a USB based optical drive for like 20-25 bucks if you feel you REALLY need one, but most people don't use them any more). My recommendation is that you should absolutely build your own PC's. Its a bit more work, but A LOT more fun. =)

18 hours ago, Energycore said:

Let's see, I don't speak Polish but I know my way around a computer parts store. I assume your budget is 5100 Zloty.

i5 6600K, 1059 Zl

16GB Crucial DDR4 2133MHz, 295 Zl

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3, 499 Zl

SilentiumPC HE1425 v2, 139 Zl

Gigabyte GTX 1070, 2089 Zl

WD Blue 1TB HDD, 228 Zl

SanDisk 240GB SSD, 275 Zl

Fractal Design Core 2300 Case, 197 Zl

Corsair CX550M, 279 Zl

Sums up to 5060, and  You Don’t Need a Product Key to Install and Use Windows 10 (if you don't like the watermark, you can get a Windows Key later).

This seems like a really compelling build, with my budget I could probably get i7 6700K, do you think it's a good idea? I'm also considering about switching the Gigabyte GTX 1070 to the MSI variance, I read a little bit about it and it seems like the Gigabyte one tends to coil whine which I'd really like to avoid. Two more things, should I get one 16GB RAM stick or is it perhaps better to have two 8GB sticks? Also, would a build like that be eligile for overclocking? Or should I consider different cooling if I want to overclock it.

1 hour ago, Acrayd said:

This seems like a really compelling build, with my budget I could probably get i7 6700K, do you think it's a good idea? I'm also considering about switching the Gigabyte GTX 1070 to the MSI variance, I read a little bit about it and it seems like the Gigabyte one tends to coil whine which I'd really like to avoid. Two more things, should I get one 16GB RAM stick or is it perhaps better to have two 8GB sticks? Also, would a build like that be eligile for overclocking? Or should I consider different cooling if I want to overclock it.

If you're gonna do heavier stuff than gaming, or if you don't mind paying the additional 400 Zl, take the 6700K.

Two RAM sticks overclock just as well as one stick. The Fortis 3 HE1425 is an amazing CPU cooler and it will be enough for the 6700K.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler