Using parts I got sitting.

Katsunaka

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hryXRG

Parts marked 0.00 is stuff i have(i have the ram too its having an issue changing the price) . Just want to get a cheap pc up and running for the bedroom. 

And when nieces and nephews are over, something for them to play basic kids type games. (they want to use my living room htpc but i say no, i dont need them screwing up my little vr machine)

The motherboard is complete and utter overkill for this build. , but the alternative is to buy one and since i have that one sitting id rather use it than to buy a cheap board. 

That would actually probably still be able to play even demanding games fairly well.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

4 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hryXRG

Parts marked 0.00 is stuff i have(i have the ram too its having an issue changing the price) . Just want to get a cheap pc up and running for the bedroom. 

And when nieces and nephews are over, something for them to play basic kids type games. (they want to use my living room htpc but i say no, i dont need them screwing up my little vr machine)

The motherboard is complete and utter overkill for this build. , but the alternative is to buy one and since i have that one sitting id rather use it than to buy a cheap board. 

Can't say much about that, its great for browsing and some steam games e.g. cs go

Just going to be basic browsing and very light gaming with me. 

For the kids, its going to be an emulator to play games and play whatever horsecrap they call kids games. 

Dont need it to play crysis at 4k. Just basic games and browsing.