Cooler for 6600k

Justinas
Go to solution Solved by kosamchetoo,

For 4.5GHz or higher overclock you need:

Air: Noctua NH-D14 or NH-D15

Water: Corsair H100i or 110i or NZXT Kraken x61

I need cooler for 6600k I will be oc'ing it to 4,5ghz my case can fit any cooler my ram will be hyper x fury ddr4 and my buget is about 130€

1 minute ago, Justinas said:

I need cooler for 6600k I will be oc'ing it to 4,5ghz my case can fit any cooler my ram will be hyper x fury ddr4 and my buget is about 130€

if you want a slim cooler, get a cryorig c7. if you have plenty of height clearence, get a hyper 212 evo. you probably wont be able to go all the way to 4.5ghz though

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

If your budget is 130 euro you're going to want to get a AIO liquid cooler if possible. 

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

For 4.5GHz or higher overclock you need:

Air: Noctua NH-D14 or NH-D15

Water: Corsair H100i or 110i or NZXT Kraken x61

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z

6 minutes ago, Justinas said:

definately get an AIO water cooler. It will allow for doog ram clearance and maximum overclocks. Personally im a fan of the corsair H110i

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

1 minute ago, SlipperyPete said:

definately get an AIO water cooler. It will allow for doog ram clearance and maximum overclocks. Personally im a fan of the corsair H110i

That's a good cooler but it's VERY loud. I have the h100i. 

I have the Noctua NH-D15. If your case is wide enough you can rise the 2nd fan to give enough clearance for high profile ram. Or just use one fan mode and you are golden.

There are lots of reviews on this air cooler. Mine runs very quiet under load and actually quite a bit cheaper than the AIO ones.

Before this I had the 212 Evo, great cost-to-performance ratio. Ran a little too loud for my comfort. However if you have the budget I definitely recommend something like Noctua or AIO liquid cooler.

I hit 4.5 Ghz on my 4690k using a simple tower cooler with one fan - Noctua NH12.  I also have lots of case fans feeding in fresh air.  The massive double tower coolers are definitely better, but not necessary.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I get 4.5GHZ on my 6600k on a AIO and after doing real bench for 4 hours temps only reached 61C. So if u want to overclock and get the best overclock you can get then go water.

Where are you shopping/located? 

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

22 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping/located? 

Moved to Air Cooling.

Lithuania, skytech.lt 1a.lt varle.lt

8 minutes ago, Justinas said:

Lithuania, skytech.lt 1a.lt varle.lt

Kotestu: https://www.varle.lt/ausintuvai/scythe-kotetsu.html

or Ninja 4: https://www.varle.lt/ausintuvai/scythe-ninja-4.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 2016-09-20 at 7:26 PM, danrey84 said:

I get 4.5GHZ on my 6600k on a AIO and after doing real bench for 4 hours temps only reached 61C. So if u want to overclock and get the best overclock you can get then go water.

What is your aio?