Are you breaking up with Apple?

DutchTexan

I've never paid attention to fanboys. I used to use apple, but went samsung note when the 3 came out. I like expandable SD memory and removeable batteries.

At this point, I'm mad at Samsung for taking away removeable batteries. My note 5 battery is utter shit. I'm mad at Apple for removing the headphone jack. Maybe I'll go back to rotary :-P

5 hours ago, jeremymwilson said:

Well when it comes to mobile computing (laptops, tablets and phones) I will be sticking to Apple for the foreseeable future. The alternatives just don't give me a user experience anywhere near as good.

But when it comes to desktop and desktop OS, I must say that for the last 6 months or so I have become increasingly bored with what I have. My 2011 27" iMac is still a great pc. The i7 cpu is still absolutely fine and due to the SSD it still feels as snappy as it always did.

But the main issue I have is that I am now just completely bored of OS X. It is finely tuned, pretty much does what I ask of it and never really gets in the way (except for the abortion that is Finder). But since OS X came out in 2001 all updates have largely (in my opinion), been incremental, it still up to a point feels like the same OS 15 years later. That in a nutshell is why I am bored and need a change.

I am currently in the process of building my own PC, can't wait to get stuck into Windows 10 which from the videos I have seen looks exciting. And I will be able to play computer games! Ha!

So, iPhone for phone use, messaging, email and light browsing, iPad for kids games and couch surfing and a gold Macbook for my wife. But for me, I'm coming back to Windows after a looooong time.

Anyway, that's my response OP.

I think I am in the same boat. It's funny how the iPhone is actually the conservative choice. MacBooks and iMacs are nice, but I am definitely going to switch to Windows 10 in that regard. My custom PC is and will be so much better than my iMac. With MacBooks, they are nice, but you can't really do like gaming and productivity is a joke. Microsoft office is pretty muck the standard and Apple versions are just a joke.

I've heard that the LG v20, or something like that, will have a built in DAC for headphones. That is exciting. I may look into that or some Samsung phone next year. I am due for an update now after 2 years with my iPhone 6, but I think I will just wait till early/mid 2017 to get a new phone.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

8 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I don't even understand what your point?

what are you reasons?

iOS is a very stable OS that performs well

The iPhone processors and GPUs are very good, the new A10 is the most powerful CPU available
The iPhone 7 display has just been awarded the best display of any smartphone

Iphone cameras are really good

Argubaly the best app store around

Good build quality and premium materials

Decentish battery life

etc

etc

So for me, its still the phone of choice, I dont care much for android as an OS, and trust me I have android devices at home too

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the iPhone. I have never been too concerned with battery life or processing specifications. Apple does make good hardware and software. It is also the most refined smartphone. 

After so so many years it is a combination of many little things that have just made me fed up with Apple. The OS is very easy to use and if have a deep understanding of it you can get a lot more out of it than most people think. BUT, I just have the erge to go with a different manufacturer. No particularly reason other than I don't want to support the company anymore.

For example, although it's not a big deal and I still made money off of AAPL, this was the first time in 8 years that Apple decided not to release their logistics upon release. The only way people or investors could know how well the phone is doing is by carrier selling out. They refuse to release information outside of what they are legally obligated to do as a public company. Not a big deal though.

During the presentation the CEO hardy did anything. He just handed the presentation over to other people for different sections. Not a deal though.

They are hardcore liberals. The whole company is pressing the democratic/liberal/progressive/globalism agenda. It appears to me that they are in bed with news corporations, much more than the phones of peers. Not a big deal though. 

From the inside Apple looks all good for people who aren't deep thinkers. From the outside it is easy to see that Apple is very, very much concerned with currency. From profits to their share prices, any business person can tell their customers are more sheeped in now than ever before.

Overall, I just think they are stagnenet as a company and therefore their brand iminage or purpose has changed significantly.

but the iPhone as a thing is still very good

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

8 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I just wish they had the headphone jack. Kinda ruined a great phone.

I really don't think the headphone jack is all that big of a deal. Just like the whole bendgate thing. People are overreacting.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

Overhyped Garbage from a Company that benefit from slavery. 

They are virtually not any different than any other large manufacturer of anything

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

2 hours ago, Okjoek said:

I got the Galaxy S7 to replace my iPhone 5c back in August. It pretty much does the same things my iPhone did. Only difference is that now I can wirelessly charge (albeit slowly) to reduce wear&tear on the charging port.

The iPhone's battery seemed to be more efficient, but I could just have more bloatware going on considering I haven't played much with the settings or the OS it came with.

I need to find more games to play with my new hardware. So far I've only got Solitare, Crossy Road and Stack.

So far I wouldn't be opposed to going back to iPhone, but I would need to get new over-ear headphones and there's the fact that I don't use any other Apple products and the trend seems to be that Apple products work really well within their own ecosystem of products.

For now I'll just keep my Galaxy Afterall I already use Google for my Email and Youtube so why not use their OS too?

Yes, but the whole ecosystem argument doesn't really strike me as attractive. I have had an iPhone, iMac and an iPad at the same time for a solid 4 years. I almost never used the whole ecosystem integration that everyone says is so good. Most of the time it is just annoying, intrusive and repetitive.

The main benifit I have actually used was browsing a webpage and then finding it in the web bar of my iMac. Majority of the time the cross notifications are very annoying. And I wished they were independent 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

breaking up? not really, although I do skip on IOS 10 regarding certain changes they made.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

This is me at the moment, I've owned a MacBook Pro since the start of 2012, and it was a breath of fresh air compared to my sluggish low spec windows laptop of the time. Generally i've been quite happy with it as a machine, and even replaced it when the WiFi broke, currently typing on it right now in fact. But lately I've been more and more annoyed with the decisions apple are making in terms of hardware and software, and am in a process of switching over to Windows as my primary OS on my laptop, which is my primary computer. In terms of software, im annoyed by Apple's crippling of Disk Utility to make it more "User Friendly" while subsequently cutting features in the process, as well as the replacement of iPhoto with Photos, which again has less features than its predecessor. hardware wise I'm mostly against apple turning toward one port devices (Macbook and iPhone 7) and devices that are not upgradeable. I own a Mid 2012 Non Retina MBP, that i am thankful that I can upgrade the hardware of. I'm Planning to replace the 1TB HDD with a 500GB Samsung 840 Evo in the near future, something that i would be unable to to on any of the new Retina Pro models, due to them having SSDs that are soldered to the Logic Board. That said, this model can only have up to a Dual Core i7 Sandy Bridge CPU, and only comes with an 1200x800 screen, so it isn't suitable moving into the future. Once this machine finally bites the dust, I almost certainly wont buy another MacBook again, and will likely replace it with a 15" Dell Inspiron.

Apple always smelt like rotten fruit to me. I could never get past the "somebody elses friend" stage and never liked having to interact with them.

23 hours ago, GR8-Ride said:

I had an S7 Edge for awhile that I liked quite a bit...and was potentially going to use that as my replacement for my (now) 2 year old iPhone 6 Plus, but I thought I'd hold out for the Note 7 instead (I like the pen, and I wanted USB-C for some reason).

Obviously the Note 7 is a no-go at the moment, and because I have high-end in-ear headphones (Klipsch X11i), I'm staying away from the iPhone 7 Plus.   Just not a fan of having a dongle to plug in....

I might pick up another S7 Edge and toss my iPhone 6 Plus, or I might just keep my 6 Plus until it actually dies on me (never done that before!).

I'm seriously contemplating trying out a Windows phone as a change (950 XL dual-sim or HP Elite X3).   At the end of the day, email, text, maps and web browsing are what I use my phone for 95% of the time.

Patrick

Windows phones are beyond horrible, I'd avoid them like the plague.

I'd suggest giving it a few weeks for Samsung to have Note 7s out on the market that are free of battery issues, then pick one of them up instead, or you can jump on an S7 Edge right now instead of waiting, you just won't get the fancy S-Pen.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

23 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

Now I am worried because non of that is really important to me. 

Iphone is cool because it is so well refined. The galaxy line is cool, because the hardware is better, but I am worried I am going to get frustrated with the android OS. When I tired the galaxy s3 I kept thinking to myself how bad the operating system was and how unnaturally difficult everything was back then. 

Apple hardware is better

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

56 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Apple hardware is better

Which part? The Intel chipsets or the Nvidia or AMD (depending on model) graphics cards?

If you are comparing windows based laptops to apple notebooks again you would be wrong.

I have used and repaired almost every phone and OS type on the market. Comparing all of them here is where I rate the OS platforms.

1) Android - Why is for two reasons. a) I don't need a third part app like itunes to connect anything I have on my phone to my PC or vice versa and it will recognise every file i copy to my phone. b) it is not controlled to the extent apple controls the iOS and all internal functionality including needing itunes to link to your PC as well as installing "non -secure" apps is a checkbox where an iphone needs to be jailbroken before you can properly sideload something.

2) Windows - a) again because the new versions do not require 3rd party software to copy stuff to them. Also the ease of connecting them with exchange servers on a corporate level.

3) Apple iOS - The easy to bake user interface does not make me want to buy the phone but because of it's "just easy to use" and because Apple controls what is allowed on it to such an extent i will say that it is good for people with little to no technical understanding.

4) Blackberry - BES server for corporate use.

On 9/20/2016 at 10:38 AM, DutchTexan said:

Iphone is cool because it is so well refined. The galaxy line is cool, because the hardware is better, but I am worried I am going to get frustrated with the android OS. When I tired the galaxy s3 I kept thinking to myself how bad the operating system was and how unnaturally difficult everything was back then. 

Stock android is so much better than touchwiz. 

I am using a nexus 6p. no complains. 

I switched from an iphone 6. 

Still for me, I love the macbook line up. Especially macbook pros. 

OS X is still having a spot in my heart. 

If I am not playing games, I will switch to OS X immediately. In one heart beat.

Too bad I play video games sometime. I just got used to my macbook... I will not even consider a normal laptop in the future... 

On the other hand I think I had enough with iOS.... If let's say that I will buy an iphone again, I will not buy those top dogs... Too expensive for me.. Most likely a iphone SE or sth. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

23 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I got an update for my Oneplus One a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad that they are still supporting it though I don't think I'll be getting anymore updates unless it is a security patch considering the Snapdragon 801 isn't supported by Nougat. It's starting to get a little slow with some things though so I'm likely to upgrade to the OP4 when that comes out.

That's the thing I hate about android.....

I used to have a HTC 1x+... That phone stopped received update within 1 and a half year... I was like "I just got this phone....wth....".

And I am using nexus 6p now... Great phone though..

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

That's the thing I hate about android.....

I used to have a HTC 1x+... That phone stopped received update within 1 and a half year... I was like "I just got this phone....wth....".

And I am using nexus 6p now... Great phone though..

OnePlus has been very good with updates, it's just that the One is a few generations old which is normal for it to lose support now that the hardware isn't officially supported in the latest version of Android.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 hours ago, theandrewhead said:

In terms of software, im annoyed by Apple's crippling of Disk Utility to make it more "User Friendly" while subsequently cutting features in the process, as well as the replacement of iPhoto with Photos, which again has less features than its predecessor. hardware wise I'm mostly against apple turning toward one port devices (Macbook and iPhone 7) and devices that are not upgradeable. I own a Mid 2012 Non Retina MBP, that i am thankful that I can upgrade the hardware of. I'm Planning to replace the 1TB HDD with a 500GB Samsung 840 Evo in the near future, something that i would be unable to to on any of the new Retina Pro models, due to them having SSDs that are soldered to the Logic Board.

You are not the only one that feels this way. Everything you said is absolutely freaking true.

2012 non-retina Macbook user here too. Already upgraded my macbook with 256GB SSD after the 1st year I bought it, just after the warranty expired. 

I also hate the "ever so thin 1 port only overly luxury feeling " new macbooks. But... what you gonna do.... 

They are forcing you to upgrade more frequently.... That's their game. 

But still, I will buy a macbook for my next upgrade Ijust love macOS especially when it comes to everything except gaming.

1 hour ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

OnePlus has been very good with updates, it's just that the One is a few generations old which is normal for it to lose support now that the hardware isn't officially supported in the latest version of Android.

Wait so If I buy a galaxy s8 when it comes out, I wouldn’t realistically and safely be able to use it for the 2 year cycle? They really stop updating android phones after over a year? 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

8 hours ago, Talamakara said:

Which part? The Intel chipsets or the Nvidia or AMD (depending on model) graphics cards?

If you are comparing windows based laptops to apple notebooks again you would be wrong.

I have used and repaired almost every phone and OS type on the market. Comparing all of them here is where I rate the OS platforms.

1) Android - Why is for two reasons. a) I don't need a third part app like itunes to connect anything I have on my phone to my PC or vice versa and it will recognise every file i copy to my phone. b) it is not controlled to the extent apple controls the iOS and all internal functionality including needing itunes to link to your PC as well as installing "non -secure" apps is a checkbox where an iphone needs to be jailbroken before you can properly sideload something.

2) Windows - a) again because the new versions do not require 3rd party software to copy stuff to them. Also the ease of connecting them with exchange servers on a corporate level.

3) Apple iOS - The easy to bake user interface does not make me want to buy the phone but because of it's "just easy to use" and because Apple controls what is allowed on it to such an extent i will say that it is good for people with little to no technical understanding.

4) Blackberry - BES server for corporate use.

Iphone hardware is better. In almost every way. Screen is still 720p which is shit but the rest is super high end. I also like iOS because after a jailbreak I get the same customization as Andriod with mostly the same clean UI that I enjoy 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

After some tweaking you get pretty advanced features 

Spoiler

AXIOM