GTX MSI 970 in SLI OC?

Kaffepannan

Hello my fellow g33ks.

I just purchased a second Gtx 970 msi 4 GB card for SLI and its working really good. I havent had any problems with it.

But the nerd i am i want to get maximum power from my cards and i wanted to OC them with MSI afterburner. Problem is that i cant find anyone running this setup with OC, and if they do. They are Watercooled systems (i have air)

So my question is, is there anyone in this forum who has Gtx Msi 970 4 gb gaming version in SLI who has OC them for 10-15 % more power, then what numbers are you using for a stable experience without crashes?

I have a 850W PSU so i dont think the power will be any problem, and they may be aircooled, but there is allot of space between the cards (5 cm maybe) so i dont think the heat is going to be any problems either.

So what numbers are you using on:

Corevoltage:

Powerlimit:

Core Clock:

Memory Clock:

Really grateful for good answers. Or if you can find a good link were i can find the info i need, thats nice to.

Thanks!

mv : 20
Power: 110
Coreclock: +155
Memclock: +265

Looked around and found these to be alright, try a bit lower to begin with and increase if stable.

There's no point in using other people's numbers for your own overclocking. Your chip will be different from everyone else's and will have its own maximum stability; just Google "silicon lottery". You just have to set about an hour aside and overclock it for yourself.

I say jiggly-bytes when I see "GB".

It goes down better than you would expect.

22 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

just set everything over 9000 and you'll be fine! :)

(please don't.)

Tested and tried. 100% would take your advice again. Oh wait, I didn't know my PC is a Note 7...

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

54 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Tested and tried. 100% would take your advice again. Oh wait, I didn't know my PC is a Note 7...

Aluuha akbar :) ?

1 hour ago, Insp1r3 said:

There's no point in using other people's numbers for your own overclocking. Your chip will be different from everyone else's and will have its own maximum stability; just Google "silicon lottery". You just have to set about an hour aside and overclock it for yourself.

Do the diffrence can be between 10 and 100% then? Still if i have the exact card and everything that another user have? That dont sound right.

1 hour ago, MVPernula said:

Coreclock: +155
Memclock: +265

Looked around and found these to be alright, try a bit lower to begin with and increase if stable.

Nice, sounds good. Il try :) Thx!

28 minutes ago, Kaffepannan said:

Do the diffrence can be between 10 and 100% then? Still if i have the exact card and everything that another user have? That dont sound right.

It's true actually. All cards are different even if they're the exact same model, some are lucky, some are not. And when it comes to SLI it's more of a gamble.

That's what makes overclocking fun, becuase you can test what YOUR exact cards limits are. Some people could overclock their 1080's to 2.2Ghz if VERY lucky. Some couldn't make it close to 2.1. That's what he meant above.

I believe, however, that you can test your way forward from others success. So test from something LOWER than the one I gave you, maybe:

Coreclock: +100
Memclock: +150

And then sloooowly increase it bit by bit while benchmarking.

15 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

It's true actually. All cards are different even if they're the exact same model, some are lucky, some are not. And when it comes to SLI it's more of a gamble.

That's what makes overclocking fun, becuase you can test what YOUR exact cards limits are. Some people could overclock their 1080's to 2.2Ghz if VERY lucky. Some couldn't make it close to 2.1. That's what he meant above.

I believe, however, that you can test your way forward from others success. So test from something LOWER than the one I gave you, maybe:

Coreclock: +100
Memclock: +150

And then sloooowly increase it bit by bit while benchmarking.

Ok, i just need to find the time to do this, but il give it a go. Thx for the help :)

On 2016-09-19 at 10:58 AM, Kaffepannan said:

Ok, i just need to find the time to do this, but il give it a go. Thx for the help :)

Btw, do you have any tips when it comes to free Benchmark test? I havent used anything else but MSI afterburners own stuff but i want to test a real one. I have Shadows of mordor (the game) and i have seen a test in that game, but dont know if thats a benchmark that really can get the card/cards to 100% load.