Razer Blade Stealth 2016 in Europe

Hello all,

I was wondering whether any of you know where I could buy the new Razer Blade Stealth in Europe? Or would the better option be to order it from America and pay for the shipment?

5 hours ago, Cheesecake11 said:

I was wondering whether any of you know where I could buy the new Razer Blade Stealth in Europe? Or would the better option be to order it from America and pay for the shipment?

Real question is why are you buying it.

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

4S4MWu1.gif

I think that we have been over all of the problems with Razer blades, way too many times...

To sum it up: Shit support, Shitty put together, bad keyboard, thermal throttles and not quality control.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

13 hours ago, Pendragon said:

Real question is why are you buying it.

I was convinced by several reviews that it is a decent laptop. Correct me if I'm wrong.

26 minutes ago, Cheesecake11 said:

I was convinced by several reviews that it is a decent laptop. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It runs hot, loud, has a garbage keyboard, has build quality issues, Razer support is bad, battery life is poor. The only reason somebody would buy it is if they WANTED to waste money

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I am looking forward to buying it :o but i don't know whether it's upgradeable or not i.e $999 model has 128GB SSD and 8GB Ram so if i buy it can i be able to upgarde it to 16 GB ram and 256/512 GB SSD later on? 

For about a month i am stuck in searching for a laptop , I am going abroad for higher studies and need a laptop that is upgradeable for future and has good battery life but can also handle games (Hitman , GTA V at playable frame rates). My budget for a laptop is $1000 and for upgrading my Pc is $200 (I have posted another thread where i want help in upgrading my PC (

)

If i opt for those heavy gaming laptops under $1000 then it would be very difficult for me to carry them around. The thing with Razer Blade Stealth (New one) was that it is ultraportable , specs are really good and moreover it can support Razer Core so if i am able to buy a Razor Core with a good Graphics Card in future i can play future titles on it so i won't be needing to buy a Gaming PC. But the only problem i had with Razer Blade Stealth $999 is the 8Gb Ram and 128GB SSd , and want to know whether it's upgradeable or not?

Razer claims that the battery life of their new model is 9 hours. 

PS I am not a fanboy of Razer or any other company. Altough i have the Razer logo as my avatar :P

47 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

It runs hot, loud, has a garbage keyboard, has build quality issues, Razer support is bad, battery life is poor. The only reason somebody would buy it is if they WANTED to waste money

Thank you, I will take that into consideration.

2 minutes ago, ZenSra said:

I am looking forward to buying it :o but i don't know whether it's upgradeable or not i.e $999 model has 128GB SSD and 8GB Ram so if i buy it can i be able to upgarde it to 16 GB ram and 256/512 GB SSD later on? 

For about a month i am stuck in searching for a laptop , I am going abroad for higher studies and need a laptop that is upgradeable for future and has good battery life but can also handle games (Hitman , GTA V at playable frame rates). My budget for a laptop is $1000 and for upgrading my Pc is $200 (I have posted another thread where i want help in upgrading my PC (

)

If i opt for those heavy gaming laptops under $1000 then it would be very difficult for me to carry them around. The thing with Razer Blade Stealth (New one) was that it is ultraportable , specs are really good and moreover it can support Razer Core so if i am able to buy a Razor Core with a good Graphics Card in future i can play future titles on it so i won't be needing to buy a Gaming PC. But the only problem i had with Razer Blade Stealth $999 is the 8Gb Ram and 128GB SSd , and want to know whether it's upgradeable or not?

Razer claims that the battery life of their new model is 9 hours. 

PS I am not a fanboy of Razer or any other company. Altough i have the Razer logo as my avatar :P

Well my friend, it looks like we both have picked the wrong machine. As other users on this thread have stated, the new Razer Blade Stealth is a waste. So I guess we should both be looking for other portable ultrabooks.

21 minutes ago, Cheesecake11 said:

Well my friend, it looks like we both have picked the wrong machine. As other users on this thread have stated, the new Razer Blade Stealth is a waste. So I guess we should both be looking for other portable ultrabooks.

What kind of performance do you want from your laptop?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

I would like a light ultrabook for office work, digital media (3Ds Max modelling, Photoshop, and Video editing (rendering will be done on my main rig)) and possibly some light games.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake11 said:

I would like a light ultrabook for office work, digital media (3Ds Max modelling, Photoshop, and Video editing (rendering will be done on my main rig)) and possibly some light games.

I've already replied to your new thread - though my suggestions are bit pricier. Both are closer to 1300-1400$ depending on the sales.

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

For me , battery life and portability matters but the most important one is being upgradeable (Ram and/or SSD for future). I can go for 8 GB ram and 1TB HDD , but i should be able to upgrade it to 16 GB and add a SSD at least. 

I am not fond of touch screen laptops and 4k resolution stuff , i can even manage at less than 1080p, but overall specs should be good. (e.g At least 6th gen Intel , USB type C , and a gaming card if possible (but i think it will open other issues like overheating and less battery life))

My Budget for laptop is $1000, Xps 13 looks good though as i am starting to get second thoughts on Razer.

Apart from XPS 13 , my other options are:- 

1. Dell Inspiron 7559 (Base model $899)

2. Acer Aspire E15 ($600) and save $400 for upgrading my Desktop PC.

3. Any other Gaming Laptop under $1000, but i am scared of overheating/less batter life and bulky size. 

Screen size : I haven't used any laptop under 15 inch and i don't know how 13 inch laptop would feel like. 

1 minute ago, ZenSra said:

For me , battery life and portability matters but the most important one is being upgradeable (Ram and/or SSD for future). I can go for 8 GB ram and 1TB HDD , but i should be able to upgrade it to 16 GB and add a SSD at least. 

I am not fond of touch screen laptops and 4k resolution stuff , i can even manage at less than 1080p, but overall specs should be good. (e.g At least 6th gen Intel , USB type C , and a gaming card if possible (but i think it will open other issues like overheating and less battery life))

My Budget for laptop is $1000, Xps 13 looks good though as i am starting to get second thoughts on Razer.

Apart from XPS 13 , my other options are:- 

1. Dell Inspiron 7559 (Base model $899)

2. Acer Aspire E15 ($600) and save $400 for upgrading my Desktop PC.

3. Any other Gaming Laptop under $1000, but i am scared of overheating/less batter life and bulky size. 

Screen size : I haven't used any laptop under 15 inch and i don't know how 13 inch laptop would feel like. 

Well, if you want a dGPU, you'd need a little more cash - things like the XPS 15 9550 and UX501VW handle heat fairly well and with a slight undervolt of the CPU (Skylake Undervolts exceptionally well) you will be able to keep temps very low with no throttling. Though those cost 1400$ or so

I'd strongly suggest avoiding Acer E series - bad screens (TN panel with poor viewing angles and colors), crap keyboards and build quality and poor thermal management.

7559 is good but you lose some things such as keyboard quality and overall materials - it's a plastic laptop so less premium than others

Gaming laptop with good battery life? Hmmm - Lenovo Y700 has a 60Wh battery which gets about 5-5.5 hours.

14 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Well, if you want a dGPU, you'd need a little more cash - things like the XPS 15 9550 and UX501VW handle heat fairly well and with a slight undervolt of the CPU (Skylake Undervolts exceptionally well) you will be able to keep temps very low with no throttling. Though those cost 1400$ or so

I'd strongly suggest avoiding Acer E series - bad screens (TN panel with poor viewing angles and colors), crap keyboards and build quality and poor thermal management.

7559 is good but you lose some things such as keyboard quality and overall materials - it's a plastic laptop so less premium than others

Gaming laptop with good battery life? Hmmm - Lenovo Y700 has a 60Wh battery which gets about 5-5.5 hours.

XPS 15 base model is at $999, with specs:- 

6th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-6100H (3MB Cache, up to 2.7 GHz)  

8GB (1x8G) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory

500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive

Intel HD 530

So if i buy this base model which is under my budget , will i be able to upgrade the Ram and insert SSD in future ? Let's assume i don't play heavy games at all on laptop and only want to use it for Applications (Photoshop/Illustrator, Visual Studio etc). So will this decision has more weight than all the other laptops you recommended in earlier post? 

Asus and Y700 are too heavy to carry. Currently the laptop i am using is Fujitsu lifebook ah531 with 5.5 pounds and it's really difficult for me to carry it around in university.

PS i can however wait for a while and  try for the next model at price $1199, with addition in specs to :- 

6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)

1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive  

and 

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2GB GDDR5

So what is your suggestion? and will Gtx 960M affect the battery life of XPS 15?

4 minutes ago, ZenSra said:

XPS 15 base model is at $999, with specs:- 

6th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-6100H (3MB Cache, up to 2.7 GHz)  

8GB (1x8G) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory

500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive

Intel HD 530

So if i buy this base model which is under my budget , will i be able to upgrade the Ram and insert SSD in future ? Let's assume i don't play heavy games at all on laptop and only want to use it for Applications (Photoshop/Illustrator, Visual Studio etc). So will this decision has more weight than all the other laptops you recommended in earlier post? 

Asus and Y700 are too heavy to carry. Currently the laptop i am using is Fujitsu lifebook ah531 with 5.5 pounds and it's really difficult for me to carry it around in university.

PS i can however wait for a while and  try for the next model at price $1199, with addition in specs to :- 

6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)

1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive  

and 

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2GB GDDR5

So what is your suggestion? and will Gtx 960M affect the battery life of XPS 15?

960M doesn't affect battery life - it's disabled during 2D work. I'd say get the i5 + 960M model - it's double the CPU power and triple the GPU power

On 9/17/2016 at 5:53 PM, Dackzy said:

4S4MWu1.gif

I think that we have been over all of the problems with Razer blades, way too many times...

To sum it up: Shit support, Shitty put together, bad keyboard, thermal throttles and not quality control.

I almost feel like we should create a pinned thread at this point.

12 hours ago, Cheesecake11 said:

You get that impression because Razer hand picks the absolute best of the laptops that are produced to send to reviewers. The units which are reviewed are not really representative of the units you would actually receive.