Power Supply reccomendations

Rigjamshamalam

What are you planning to upgrade to? Also could you let us know your budget please

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

4 minutes ago, Wolfcubware said:

What Power supply do you recommend for future upgrades 

What are your specs now? How much are you going to spend?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

3 minutes ago, ThatCarlosGuy said:

What are you planning to upgrade to? Also could you let us know your budget please

Budget is under £200

5 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

What are your specs now? How much are you going to spend?

On your link you sent above, it implies you've got a Corsair RM1000 of some sort. What parts of your system are you actually wanting to upgrade?

Although the RM series has a lot of hate due to lower quality capacitors (or something along those lines), 1000 watts will handle a lot more than you think 

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

2 minutes ago, Wolfcubware said:

cheers :)

Also, you did get the correct OS (It gives you both 32 bit and 64 bit options. Just thought I should tell you)

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

1 minute ago, ThatCarlosGuy said:

On your link you sent above, it implies you've got a Corsair RM1000 of some sort. What parts of your system are you actually wanting to upgrade?

Although the RM series has a lot of hate due to lower quality capacitors (or something along those lines), 1000 watts will handle a lot more than you think 

bear in mind ima be charging my ipad/phone 

1 minute ago, TheGhzGuy said:

Also, you did get the correct OS (It gives you both 32 bit and 64 bit options. Just thought I should tell you)

so do i still need 64 bit?

2 minutes ago, Wolfcubware said:

That's about 5 watts

Just now, Wolfcubware said:

so do i still need 64 bit?

You will get both 32 Bit and 64 Bit copies of Windows. Use 64 bit. (Supports the RAM you have)

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

3 minutes ago, Wolfcubware said:

That uses minimal power.

Honestly, that psu is fine for what you need it for. You've got a skylake i5 CPU and a gtx1070? you'll be using around 400watts in total, even less when it's not at full load. Even if you wanted to add another GTX 1070 for SLI, you'll be well within maximum wattage. I wouldn't worry about it. 

EVE (My Gaming Build)

1 minute ago, ThatCarlosGuy said:

That uses minimal power.

Honestly, that psu is fine for what you need it for. You've got a skylake i5 CPU and a gtx1070? you'll be using around 400watts in total, even less when it's not at full load. Even if you wanted to add another GTX 1070 for SLI, you'll be well within maximum wattage. I wouldn't worry about it. 

ok thanks

Watch from 0:44 for about 20 seconds. Luke will explain that even his stupidly overkill system uses 280watts of power at FULL load. They added another 1080 to the equation in SLI and it only used less than 500 watts

Components these days are getting so efficient. The more you know ;) 

EVE (My Gaming Build)

A 1070 and i5 will never breach 300W under load. You'd be fine with a 750W RMx if you wanted to SLI but otherwise just save money and get a 550W if you want one card.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||