Multiple access points and wireless printers...

subway5411

So im trying it now. Are you saying to Re enable DHCP and then set those IP addresses?

The printers test report said NO FILTERING FAIL

So this is weird... I did what you said and the upstairs printer connected to the network, but didn't show up on any computer. I restarted the printer and now it wont connect again.

6 minutes ago, subway5411 said:

So im trying it now. Are you saying to Re enable DHCP and then set those IP addresses?

The printers test report said NO FILTERING FAIL

No you want to leave DHCP disabled. Having 2 DHCP servers can confuse devices. But you can try filling in the specific details I mentioned.

I'm not familiar with that error message. A quick google search indicates that it might be MAC Address Filtering (Could be on either Router) that might be blocking the printer. I've not found a solution yet. Most forum posts about the subject reference a document that no longer exists on the HP support website (404 error when you try to follow the link to the solution).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

MAC address filering is off, and I left DHCP off. Thats when the printer connected, but then it goes back to that same old error after a restart.

Just now, subway5411 said:

MAC address filering is off, and I left DHCP off. Thats when the printer connected, but then it goes back to that same old error after a restart.

Hmm, unless someone here knows anything about that error, you might have to contact HP Support about it. It's super vague and doesn't really give us much info to go on.

You said you have 2 printers, right? Can you try the other printer upstairs on the TP-Link over Wireless, and see if it does the same thing?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, subway5411 said:

Ok, now BOTH printers are acting up with that NO FILTERING error

Awesome! Oops, totally read that wrong.

I really feel bad for all the hoops you had to jump through - these kinds of setups are hard to diagnose when you're not sitting in front of all the equipment :)

I had to setup a similar system at work last summer, when we were running a special event and needed extended WIFI coverage for the event. Our system at work is totally enterprise, and uses Static IP's, so it was an even bigger pain in the ass.

I had to take an off the shelf LinkSys EA2700, configure it to connect to a Static IP Network, and basically do the same setup you had, to make it work as an AP only. Talk about headache!

I do wish more routers would come with different preconfigured "modes", like "AP", Bridge, etc. Some do, but it's very uncommon still.

4 minutes ago, subway5411 said:

Ok, now BOTH printers are acting up with that NO FILTERING error

Is the error happening downstairs too, or just upstairs?

The printer is showing up under network now, but I cant access the web UI and I cant print either

1 minute ago, subway5411 said:

The printer is showing up under network now, but I cant access the web UI and I cant print either

The webUI of the printer, or of the router?

The printer. It says its connected but it doesn't show the IP

mkM05hk.png

Log into the WebUI of the ISP router downstairs, and check the DHCP logs or client list. It should show the IP Address of every connected device. If the Printer doesn't show up, it's probably not getting an IP Address. If it does show up, you'll be able to see the IP Address in question. You can use the MAC Address to help you tell which device is which.

Alright, apparently it magically fixed itself. BOTH printers connected and showed up on the WHOLE network (yay)! Until, I pressed the disconnect button by accident on the downstairs printer and now the downstairs one wont connect again (Whoops). The upstairs one is still working though. So it looks like the network is set up right, i'm just having difficulty on connecting the printers to the network.

1 minute ago, subway5411 said:

Alright, apparently it magically fixed itself. BOTH printers connected and showed up on the network (yay)! Until, I pressed the disconnect button by accident on the downstairs one and now the downstairs one wont connect again. The upstairs one is still working though. So it looks like the network is set up right, i'm just having difficulty on connecting the printers to the network.

lol man I feel so bad for you. I'd be pulling my hair out in your situation.

Ugh, if this keeps up I might just plug them straight into the Ethernet port. Only one issue with that. The downstairs one has Ethernet, but the upstairs only has USB. Could I plug that into the USB port on the router?

Thanks for your help BTW! It looks like everything is good aside from these stupid printers refusing to connect to WI-FI.

25 minutes ago, subway5411 said:

Ugh, if this keeps up I might just plug them straight into the Ethernet port. Only one issue with that. The downstairs one has Ethernet, but the upstairs only has USB. Could I plug that into the USB port on the router?

Thanks for your help BTW! It looks like everything is good aside from these stupid printers refusing to connect to WI-FI.

You can - as the Archer C7 does have print server capabilities. You have to install a utility (included on the CD, or downloadable) on any PC that wants to connect to the printer.

But it honestly doesn't work that well. It's not super reliable. Much better if you can get it working directly over WIFI.

Alright, I might call up HP and see what they have to say about this. Is really annoying and it's funny how they both just connected yesterday randomly

27 minutes ago, subway5411 said:

Alright, I might call up HP and see what they have to say about this. Is really annoying and it's funny how they both just connected yesterday randomly

Might be some newer firmwares available to increase stability. But yes, I'd give them a call first.

As far as I can tell, your setup is correct (At least, as much as I can tell without physical access to it all lol).

Actually look at this. Can you spot any problems between the ISP's router (first pic) and the C7? (second pic)

PJDrFUh.png

a97ytv0.png

Oh. Now the downstairs printer f****ng connects for no reason. Yay!

The only thing I'd change, is on the ISP Router, I would just change your "DHCP Start IP" to 192.168.0.100, instead of .10. That still gives you 154 DHCP IP Addresses (More than any home user will ever use), but it'll avoid any potential DHCP conflicts with the fact that your TP-Link is on .50, which is inside the DHCP range. And even that would only cause problems if the ISP Router decided to give out 192.168.0.50 to some other device.

Otherwise, looks good. I spot no problems that would cause the issues you're having.

Now it seems like airprint is acting up like before. when im one one router, both printers are there, when i'm on the other, only one is. It looks like whatever is connected to the isps router shows up ONLY on that one but whatever is connected to the C7 shows up on both

27 minutes ago, subway5411 said:

Now it seems like airprint is acting up like before. when im one one router, both printers are there, when i'm on the other, only one is. It looks like whatever is connected to the isps router shows up ONLY on that one but whatever is connected to the C7 shows up on both

Extremely bizarre. No idea what would cause that.

So i fixed the issue with the printers... But now, I am trying to print something from my iPhone. It shows im connected to wifi with those 3 bars on the top. As soon as I go to print, the 3 bars go away and it goes back to saying LTE. Basically it kicks me off the network, but im not kicked because it says our SSID is selected. Its like the router is having issues getting IPs or something.

Would doing what you said with the IPs work?

Sometimes it will even happen RANDOMLY! It suddenly "disconnects" (the 3 wifi bars arnt there, it says LTE) but when I go into the wifi settings on my phone, Rogers749 (Our ssid) is checked off!