i7-4770k Under Performing?

Hi guys, got recommended your site through a good friend of mine and I am happy to be here. To the issue.

I have a i7-4770k that I got from a friend of mine about 1 year 1/2 ago for free. He didn't need it anymore, and didn't OC it so he sent it to me. However, over the course of that time period and through many experiments I have noticed it might be under performing. I have successfully OCed to it 4.2 Ghz Stable with temps under 60C at Full Load. Reasons I think it is under performing is due to multi-core processing applications such as games and OBS (Open Broadcasting Software used for Streaming) are not running as smooth and efficient as they should. For example, I would stream at low bit-rate 60 FPS and get frame drops to the 70-80's with a GTX 970 on Battlefield 4 low settings. Originally, I assumed I needed a new graphics card so I went with the 1080 classified from EVGA. This did not solve my problem however, as I would still drop to the same frames regardless of graphics settings. Same problems off stream, I can not get the frame rate above 200 with the 1080 at low settings. I friend of mine who has a worse CPU and a 970 can run 250 constant. I am really confused and frustrated to find this info out. 

Things I have done to troubleshoot: Checked Temps, Run Stability Tests, Unparked Cores, Set Affinity of Processes, resat RAM, and some very basic things like resetting the OC and bios settings. 

I hope you guys can help me solve this problem, or can at least refer me to Intel so I can troubleshoot it with them. Thanks.

My system specs: 

Motherboard: MSi Z87-GD65 Gaming
Ram: GSkill 1866mhz 16 GBs 
Gpu: 1080 Classified EVGA
PSU: EVGA 1050 Watt 
CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220x