Cables- where do you get them/plug them in?

Go to solution Solved by EunSoo,
4 minutes ago, Arcuz said:

Okay so I know that power cables come with the power supply but how / where do you get data cables/usb 3.0 cables, and where do you install said 3.0 ports? Where do they plug in?

So if I wanted to add 2 USB 3.0 ports to my computer, what would I buy and where would I plug it in?

If you are connecting the case usbs into the motherboard, there are places on the motherboard where you can plug in a usb header. They look something like this

image.jpeg

Okay so I know that power cables come with the power supply but how / where do you get data cables/usb 3.0 cables, and where do you install said 3.0 ports? Where do they plug in?

So if I wanted to add 2 USB 3.0 ports to my computer, what would I buy and where would I plug it in?

Spoiler

buy PCI-E expansion card, plug it in PCI-E

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

4 minutes ago, Arcuz said:

If you are connecting the case usbs into the motherboard, there are places on the motherboard where you can plug in a usb header. They look something like this

image.jpeg

Unless you have existing unused USB 3 ports on your computer case, you would have to mod something to use extra USB3s.

Unless you have USB 3 headers on your motherboard you wouldn't even be able to do that. There is no way of coupling say 2X USB2 to get a USB3..

You can get a pci-e expansion board that has a USB3 on it but this would involve more buying.

The cables would be attached to the USB3 port on the case, unless you get in to the world of modding

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

image.jpeg

This is exactly what I meant, sorry for confusion. Thanks!

Spoiler

Sorry for being confusing, I meant where do you plug in cables for USB 3.0, but I know now. Thanks though!

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Arcuz said:

This is exactly what I meant, sorry for confusion. Thanks!

Your motherboard should have come with a book. It should say where the header is on that specific motherboard or have a diagram showing where. Good luck!