Question about NZXT S340

tROVLET

Hi guys I own this case and I have A question about how to remove certain part of the case the bottom of it where the psu and connectors are I just need to get access to it and I didnt understand how to do so

TgrBT7p.jpg

i'd say from the back? lol

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

You access it from the other side (take off the other side panel)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You can't remove the cover, you need to access it from the back panel.

And you probably want to plug the cables into your PSU before inserting the PSU into the case, that's why the PSU was a bracket with thumb screws.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12 minutes ago, Minibois said:
3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You can't remove the cover, you need to access it from the back panel.

And you probably want to plug the cables into your PSU before inserting the PSU into the case, that's why the PSU was a bracket with thumb screws.

I did get access from the back panel, But its was realy hard to do anything with the psu, It was annoying to remove the PSU cables

Anyways when I'll have to plug them back do I need to get the psu out and connect the cabels to it from the outside?

Also, I tought I can do so because I've seen this picture of the case and thought it was possible -

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/9431/NZXTS340_12.JPG?_ga=1.58951277.132564378.1473753797

2 minutes ago, tROVLET said:

I did get access from the back panel, But its was realy hard to do anything with the psu, It was annoying to remove the PSU cables

Anyways when I'll have to plug them back do I need to get the psu out and connect the cabels to it from the outside?

Also, I tought I can do so because I've seen this picture of the case and thought it was possible -

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/9431/NZXTS340_12.JPG?_ga=1.58951277.132564378.1473753797

1) that's why you plug/unplug cables AFTER removing the PSU from the case

You can do it from the back if you want, it's just hard to see. I can do it without removing the PSU.

2) that is what the case looks like from the back...

You CAN do it from the back, but you said so yourself "it was really hard to do anything"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

1) that's why you plug/unplug cables AFTER removing the PSU from the case

You can do it from the back if you want, it's just hard to see. I can do it without removing the PSU.

2) that is what the case looks like from the back...

You CAN do it from the back, but you said so yourself "it was really hard to do anything"

Ok thanks for that, Do i need to unplug the rest of the cables before removing the PSU or not?

Just now, tROVLET said:

Ok thanks for that, Do i need to unplug the rest of the cables before removing the PSU or not?

What I do is unplug the cables from the motherboard, remove the PSU, then unplug the cables from the PSU.

Idk what you're doing with your PC so idk if you want to remove cables or not.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

What I do is unplug the cables from the motherboard, remove the PSU, then unplug the cables from the PSU.

Idk what you're doing with your PC so idk if you want to remove cables or not.

Thanks, I'll see what I'm going to do when I get the GTX 1070 hehe

Btw your case looking good!

Thanks, I'll see what I'm going to do when I get the GTX 1070 hehe

Btw your case looking good!

Haha thanks :)

I see what you're trying to do, yeah I would disconnect the stuff from the motherboard and slide the PSU out, plug in the cables you need for the 1070 and slide the PSU back in and reconnect everything.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Haha thanks :)

I see what you're trying to do, yeah I would disconnect the stuff from the motherboard and slide the PSU out, plug in the cables you need for the 1070 and slide the PSU back in and reconnect everything.

Hey also A question

Is there any significate diffrence beetween Gigabyte GTX1070 and the model with G1?

Hey also A question

Is there any significate diffrence beetween Gigabyte GTX1070 and the model with G1?

G1 is just clocked higher, so i would go with the cheaper one and just overclock it yourself.

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

G1 is just clocked higher, so i would go with the cheaper one and just overclock it yourself.

Which of the 1070 is the most successfull model of each aspect?

Just now, tROVLET said:

Which of the 1070 is the most successfull model of each aspect?

What do you mean?

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

What do you mean?

From cooling to performance

Which one is the best? (asus MSI gigabyte etc)

1 minute ago, tROVLET said:

From cooling to performance

Which one is the best? (asus MSI gigabyte etc)

They all perform about the same, all the ones with 2-3 fans have great cooling, EVGA has great warranty, etc...

So get one that you can afford and looks good in your PC.

Spoiler