New Age Lingo

Canada EH

I get a daily text message from a person who uses his cell like a facebook feed. I just put his # on Do Not Distrub, but I still got his messages. Seems like now though he has stopped.

So bae is like bro. The english language is decling rapidly now. What a shame. Imagine immigrants trying to learn and adapt, its harsh man.

People have been saying stuff about the english language declining due to slang terms since forever.  Just like everything else, they'll pass out of popular use in a few years, and the people using "bae" etc right now will be complaining about how the new slang is ruining the english language.

4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

So bae is like bro. The english language is decling rapidly now. What a shame. Imagine immigrants trying to learn and adapt, its harsh man.

"The language of the young is lazy and unintelligible to the wise and the witty". 

That quote is from the Epic of Gilgamesh. The first piece of written human history is complaining about the decline of language. 

Even Socrates complained about this shit. 

But the truth of the matter is that we will be just fine. 

The slang words will either fade or become part of everyday language. 

We need to remember that words like ´pants´, ´turntable´ and ´soccer´ all came from slang words. 

Also, since we're talking about the butchering of language.

´New age´ doesn't refere to something that's current. It referes to a religious and spiritual movement that took its form during the late 1960s.

So, "new age lingo" would be things like ´crystal power´, ´cosmic energy´ and ´transcendence of the univers´. 

Lastly, "lingo" is also a butchering of the word "linguistics".

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

5 hours ago, god_of_peanuts said:

On fleek

ngl I use on fleek quite often in work. Often, I'm speaking in formal office talk to a colleague then I break out into saying things like on fleek and recommending the documentary on purple aki (everyone knows about purple aki). I was watching it with my mate the other day in my lunch break and we didn't stop laughing throughout, neither of us thought he was real but we've made jokes about him since we were like 12 and it was so surreal to see a BBC documentary about him.