F@H News Oct. 15: Server Maintenance on October 22

Planned server room shutdown October 22 at 6am pacific time
October 11, 2013 by Vijay Pande ·
One of our main server rooms is going through planned maintenance on Tuesday, October 22 starting at 6:00 AM pacific time.  The outage is expected to be less than one hour, so power should be restored by 7:00 AM. However, additional time will be required to bring all computer systems back online and doing a cold restart some times leads to new issues.  We’ll give more updates as we know them.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/planned-server-room-shutdown-october-22-at-6am-pacific-time/

Basically, get ready for computers not being able to upload/download new WU's for a few hours next week. :ph34r:  

Thanks for the info :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Arrgg... and last time they had a planned outage, they ended up having issues for a whole week. Hopefully better this time.

Thanks for the update!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Just as a reminder, in roughly 24 hours from now, stanford F@H will be undergoing maintenance. 

Just as a reminder, in roughly 24 hours from now, stanford F@H will be undergoing maintenance. 

we should have been able to pre download a couple of wu's and have them waiting to be uploaded when the server was sorted out, but yeah i see that causing some stress the moment it goes online, bring it to it's knees!!

I had big issues today uploading packages! Atleast i know why now, but that won't help me getting my points back :(