Safe to leave OC 24/7?

I have my FX-6300 OCd to 4.2ghz, but I've been running it 24/7, been a bit anxious about it.

Temps are fine, have an H60 liquid cooler. I top out around 65 socket and 55 cpu at long term

stressing with Prime65. Gaming I see about 58 socket and 49 cpu.

Before my overclock (last week), I would be running about 1.28v idle, and 1.404 when under

load and running at 3.8ghz turbo. But I have it running 1.35v when idling and 1.38v when

under load. So I'm using less voltage then stock at a higher clock, but it's always running 4.2ghz. 
Not sure if it's okay or not, but just want some peace of mind. I don't like the idea of restarting

and going to default profile when not gaming, and restarting again to select my OC profile.

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

Everything below 80 is not harmful long term.

Well if it'll be fine a couple years then I don't mind. I will upgrade before then anyways. But just making sure it won't kill it

in a couple months or something. It's my first successful OC though, so still a bit new to this.

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

Everything below 80 is not harmful long term.

That's for intel.

For AMD it is 63C socket and about 70-75 core.

OP's temps are good though.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Frankieanime158 said:

Temps are fine, have an H60 liquid cooler. I top out around 65 socket and 55 cpu at long term

stressing with Prime65

Frankly, I don't think P95 is a good test for AMD CPUs. It's highly dependent on the FPU, which the 6300 happens to have only 3 of. While I don't really know which would be the best stress test for FX chips, it's very likely not going to be P95.

Regardless, there's not problem running a safe OC 24/7. My PC usually goes for weeks of 24/7 crunching while overclocked and is yet to catch on fire or show any sor....

*Sniff* *Sniff*

Hey... what's that smell of smoke..... OH SHJ---

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

That's for intel.

For AMD it is 63C socket and about 70-75 core.

OP's temps are good though.

Ah! Thank you, I'll keep this in mind in the future! :)

But yes, in that case he's still fine.

Ah alright, thanks everyone [:

That's not really an OC, that's it's stock boost clock. It'll run at 4.1Ghz out of the box 24/7 so long as the thermals allow it.

You could probably lower the voltage, too. What you've got set seems a bit high.

meh.png

43 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Frankly, I don't think P95 is a good test for AMD CPUs. It's highly dependent on the FPU, which the 6300 happens to have only 3 of. While I don't really know which would be the best stress test for FX chips, it's very likely not going to be P95.

Regardless, there's not problem running a safe OC 24/7. My PC usually goes for weeks of 24/7 crunching while overclocked and is yet to catch on fire or show any sor....

*Sniff* *Sniff*

Hey... what's that smell of smoke..... OH SHJ---

You beat life itself and the forums...

-.jpg

29 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

That's not really an OC, that's it's stock boost clock. It'll run at 4.1Ghz out of the box 24/7 so long as the thermals allow it.

You could probably lower the voltage, too. What you've got set seems a bit high.

meh.png

I know the boost clock is 4.1, but it only boosts to that in single threaded applications. So running games, becnhmarks or anything, it only will go for the 3.8 boost. And the 400mhz has improved gaming performance by a good clean 15-20% for me, so I'm happy. I've never even seen that before! Running at 1.32v. Most people who show me their OCs have it running about 1.4, and even 1.46 on 4.5+ clocks. I thought even mine was lower then normal .-.

I got my voltages from watching it run stock though. On HWMonitor, it showed it running 1.404 on boosting to 3.8, so I figured mine were as low as it would allow