What should I upgrade?

Wooolke

Heyy,

I've got a question to you all. I'm having my Gaming-PC for several years now. And I'm thinking about upgrading it, but what should I upgrade? It have a FX-6300 CPU an GTX750TI-OC from Asus, 10GB of Ram from Corsair and a 1TB WD. What component should I upgrade and to wwhat should I upgrade it?

2 minutes ago, Wooolke said:

Heyy,

I've got a question to you all. I'm having my Gaming-PC for several years now. And I'm thinking about upgrading it, but what should I upgrade? It have a FX-6300 CPU an GTX750TI-OC from Asus, 10GB of Ram from Corsair and a 1TB WD. What component should I upgrade and to wwhat should I upgrade it?

What is your budget and location/currency? I would add an SSD and upgrade to a RX 460 or 1050 when that comes out. If you can pay a little more, the RX 470/80 or 1060 will be better. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

You can upgrade to an i5-6500 and a RX 480. It will be quite a big jump in performance.

R5 5600X w/ Liquid Freezer II 240mm | Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT | Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO | Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz | Samsung 980 Pro 500GB + Seagate Exos 12TB + Seagate IronWolf Pro 4TB + 3TB Seagate Barracuda | NZXT S340 | Windows 10 | AOC AGON AG273QCX 1440p144Hz Monitor | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Edition + ModMic 4.0

4 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

What is your budget and location/currency? I would add an SSD and upgrade to a RX 460 or 1050 when that comes out. If you can pay a little more, the RX 470/80 or 1060 will be better. 

Germany and €. Budget is at the moment 400-500€ (448,9 US-Dollar - 561,12500 US-Dollar)

3 minutes ago, Nedrozak said:

You can upgrade to an i5-6500 and a RX 480. It will be quite a big jump in performance.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

10 minutes ago, Wooolke said:

Heyy,

I'd buy an SSD.... other than that I would save and buy a whole new rig. I would save for at least $800 so you get something halfway worthwhile when you do upgrade. I'd venture to say the monitor needs upgrading too so that'll add on another $200-300. As far as SSD, go ahead and get something large, like a 1TB Samsung Evo, something that will be worthwhile to bring over to the new build, then maybe your gaming monitor next... another thing worthwhile bringing to a new build, then upgrade to a new system when you come up with the big money.

If you have a favourite site for PC parts in Germany tell me.

R5 5600X w/ Liquid Freezer II 240mm | Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT | Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO | Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz | Samsung 980 Pro 500GB + Seagate Exos 12TB + Seagate IronWolf Pro 4TB + 3TB Seagate Barracuda | NZXT S340 | Windows 10 | AOC AGON AG273QCX 1440p144Hz Monitor | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Edition + ModMic 4.0

Just now, DunePilot said:

I'd buy an SSD.... other than that I would save and buy a whole new rig. I would save for at least $800 so you get something halfway worthwhile when you do upgrade. I'd venture to say the monitor needs upgrading too so that'll add on another $200-300. As far as SSD, go ahead and get something large, like a 1TB Samsung Evo, something that will be worthwhile to bring over to the new build, then maybe your gaming monitor next... another thing worthwhile bringing to a new build, then upgrade to a new system when you come up with the big money.

I'm not pregnant on 4k monitors. I have 2 24" Full HD Monitors that's enough for me.

4 minutes ago, Nedrozak said:

If you have a favourite site for PC parts in Germany tell me.

I don't care on which site I order pc parts, but it should accept PayPal as payment method

Kinda need to upgrade everything

CPU needs upgrading - will need new board, probably need new RAM
GPU needs upgrading

SSD upgrade 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Kinda need to upgrade everything

CPU needs upgrading - will need new board, probably need new RAM
GPU needs upgrading

SSD upgrade 

I don't need that ultimate Pc then it should be in mid-range

Just now, Wooolke said:

I don't need that ultimate Pc then it should be in mid-range

that isnt the point though, if you upgrade one thing it can make other parts not compatible

I would save up, sell the PC and build a new one

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

A cheap skylake or kabylake $450 should be able to get you a decent cpu, mb, and ddr4 if you can reuse your old case and psu, then splurge any extra on a new gpu, GTX 1060 or a RX 480 are good options. I'd pick up a 500GB or 1TB Samsung Evo when you get the money too. I don't know how often you have money coming in to add, if you can add another $300 to the list a few months down the line you can add things as you go.

23 minutes ago, Wooolke said:

Heyy,

750ti for 1080p gaming is weak...weaker than your CPU...so i would upgrade that first.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

So... you build the new system... and use your 750Ti and hard drive for now... and upgrade them in a few months when you get the money. ($400-500)

Or you could do the opposite... get a GTX 1060 or a RX 480 and a 1TB Samsung Evo ($400-500 total)  for now... and upgrade the rest of the system a few months from now.

That's to bulid a good optimized system, if you just want a boost in performance right now you might just get a GPU only and call it a day for awhile while you save.

25 minutes ago, Wooolke said:

Heyy,

Hey there :P

You probably want to see what you are currently doing with your PC. Are you gaming on games like CSGO, LoL (Less graphically demanding games) or AAA titles such as GTA V, etc? Or do you want faster loading times?

Whats most concerning in this build is probably the CPU. The 6300 isnt particularly great or anything, and will struggle in most games. I would advise upgrading to an i5 6600, but keep in mind that you would have to upgrade your motherboard, as well as potentially change your RAM. You might even have to get a downgrade in terms of RAM capacity (10GB DDR3 -> 8GB DDR4)! This would probably be the ideal upgrade.

If you dont have that much money to splurge on 3 new parts, I would then suggest getting a new GPU instead. You can probably look at the RX 480 - GTX 1060 range, or  GTX 1070 if your budget permits. Do take into account your current case clearance though (If it is big enough to fit a long GPU) as well as your current power supply wattage.

If you have even less budget than that, the next thing you can try to upgrade is getting an SSD. This will help you to speed up loading times in terms of Windows, and your other programs such as your browser, and some games. It might be troublesome to transfer Windows from your HDD to SSD, but it will be worth it in the long run.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

First is SSD. Get a decent one, such as Samsung 850 EVO series, or 750EVO.

Second if GPU if you really need to play AAA games, I suggest GTX1060 for best value, or RX480 if you are more on the red team (play more DX12 games).

** check your PSU before trying to upgrade your GPU, I suppose GTX 1060 will be much more efficient than your GTX750Ti, but check first **

Both of the parts above can be carried on on your next build.

Third is your Processor and Motherboard combo. I highly suggest you to wait for Kaby Lake early next year. You will need to buy new DDR4 RAM for it.

11 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

750ti for 1080p gaming is weak...weaker than your CPU...so i would upgrade that first.

My 750TI can run GTA-V on High Settings on 1080p with smooth fps

Just now, Wooolke said:

My 750TI can run GTA-V on High Settings on 1080p with smooth fps

yeah sure smooth fps like 20-24FPS or something ;)

why are you asking for advise then if you know everything?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, Silyy097 said:

Hey there :P

You probably want to see what you are currently doing with your PC. Are you gaming on games like CSGO, LoL (Less graphically demanding games) or AAA titles such as GTA V, etc? Or do you want faster loading times?

Whats most concerning in this build is probably the CPU. The 6300 isnt particularly great or anything, and will struggle in most games. I would advise upgrading to an i5 6600, but keep in mind that you would have to upgrade your motherboard, as well as potentially change your RAM. You might even have to get a downgrade in terms of RAM capacity (10GB DDR3 -> 8GB DDR4)! This would probably be the ideal upgrade.

If you dont have that much money to splurge on 3 new parts, I would then suggest getting a new GPU instead. You can probably look at the RX 480 - GTX 1060 range, or  GTX 1070 if your budget permits. Do take into account your current case clearance though (If it is big enough to fit a long GPU) as well as your current power supply wattage.

If you have even less budget than that, the next thing you can try to upgrade is getting an SSD. This will help you to speed up loading times in terms of Windows, and your other programs such as your browser, and some games. It might be troublesome to transfer Windows from your HDD to SSD, but it will be worth it in the long run.

My Case can fit a big graphics card and I have 550W PSU. I know it's overkill for my actual system, but I bought it for long term.

6 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

First is SSD. Get a decent one, such as Samsung 850 EVO series, or 750EVO.

Second if GPU if you really need to play AAA games, I suggest GTX1060 for best value, or RX480 if you are more on the red team (play more DX12 games).

** check your PSU before trying to upgrade your GPU, I suppose GTX 1060 will be much more efficient than your GTX750Ti, but check first **

Both of the parts above can be carried on on your next build.

Third is your Processor and Motherboard combo. I highly suggest you to wait for Kaby Lake early next year. You will need to buy new DDR4 RAM for it.

I had 8GB of RAM then I upgraded to 10GB because my ram was always at 7,7GB when I was playing some games. I will keep that in mind.

I would say SSD and VGA first. That fx 6300 can handle better vgas without bottleneck. The gtx 1050 when is comes out would be great or an rx 470 4gb.