Silent keyboard

bgibbz

So I currently use a corsair k70 mechanical keyboard, but I've recently got into recording gameplay so I want a quite keyboard to use while recording. I still will use the mechanical keyboard for most things, but just when I occasionally record I want a quiet option. Maximum cost of 80$, and wireless is preferred. Thanks for any suggestions!

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

2 minutes ago, Sahil10416 said:

I think you should try Red Dragon Karura. It is cheap but its awesome.

I'll look into it, thanks!

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Any Razer keyboard with Razer orange switches.

You could get a chicklet style keyboard and make sure you microphone is not standing on the surface the keyboard is on and it will likely be near silent. Chicklet is not mechanical though, so if you still want that mechanical feel you can get something with Cherry MX Brown switches or maybe even Romer-G switches (which are on Logitech keyboards). Depends on what you think is 'silent' of course.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

7 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You could get a chicklet style keyboard and make sure you microphone is not standing on the surface the keyboard is on and it will likely be near silent. Chicklet is not mechanical though, so if you still want that mechanical feel you can get something with Cherry MX Brown switches or maybe even Romer-G switches (which are on Logitech keyboards). Depends on what you think is 'silent' of course.

I'm on brown switches now with o rings lol, I think I'm either gonna get a razer keyboard or a chicklet style. 

9 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

I'm on brown switches now with o rings lol, I think I'm either gonna get a razer keyboard or a chicklet style. 

With 'Razer keyboard' do you mean one of their mechanical keyboards? (Like the Blackwidow) or their chicklet style keyboards? (Like their Deathstalker)

The chicklet style will be alright, but the mechanical ones are quite loud (louder than Browns with 0 rings at the very least)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

25 minutes ago, Minibois said:

With 'Razer keyboard' do you mean one of their mechanical keyboards? (Like the Blackwidow) or their chicklet style keyboards? (Like their Deathstalker)

The chicklet style will be alright, but the mechanical ones are quite loud (louder than Browns with 0 rings at the very least)

Yeah I was referring to the death stalker. 

Maybe try linear switches such as Cherry or Gateron Blacks. The Steelseries 6GV2 is pretty quiet, and if you put some cheap o-rings on the caps that should help a fair bit too. I believe Gateron Blacks are regarded as being a bit smoother than their Cherry counterparts.

https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlight-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01HGDKJK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473642712&sr=8-1&keywords=gateron+black