Good 27" 1080 1ms 144hz Monitor

CoreKhaos

I play a lot of FPS games and I'll be getting a GTX 1070 soon so I also want to upgrade my monitor. I can't seem to find a monitor like that so I'm hoping someone may know of one.

You have options like the Asus VG278HV and BenQ XL2720Z, but they're pretty expensive. ($300-$350).

Cheapest is probably going to be the AOC G2770PF at around $260 on Newegg.

The LG 24GM77 is probably the best 144hz 1080p TN monitor. The VG248QE has crap color accuracy with lighboost on, off it still uses PWM which can cause eye strain and ruins motion clarity (really doesn't deserve all the market share it has). The BenQ is better than the ASUS outside of the game mode but still can't compete with the LG and I would only get it if it was significantly cheaper. 

1 hour ago, CoreKhaos said:

I play a lot of FPS games and I'll be getting a GTX 1070 soon so I also want to upgrade my monitor. I can't seem to find a monitor like that so I'm hoping someone may know of one.

The best 1080p monitor is definitely the BenQ XL2430T. There's literally no competition to it. Its fast and the colors are great for a TN panel. Just make sure to adjust it like on the Tom'sHardware article and it will be the best you can get. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/xl2430t-144hz-gaming-monitor,4006.html

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

Those monitors listed are all 24".

The XL2430T I would COMPLETELY avoid.  Unlike the previously COMPLETELY WORKING XL2420Z, which has been discontinued, the XL2430T has broken S-switch presets (gamer 1-2-3), which don't recall the mode you saved the preset to, only the OSD settings that were saved.  Instead it recalls FPS1, FPS2 and RTS mode's (low level) color calibrations, regardless of what Picture Mode preset you saved INTO Gamer 1, 2 and 3.  This means if you saved standard mode with X, Y, Z, etc OSD settings, as Gamer 1, and then recalled Gamer 1, the colors would change and get out of whack as you would be recalling FPS1, instead of the correct mode (Standard Mode).  And you can't change low level color settings (color temp is *NOT* Low level!).

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1848&start=180

The XL2420Z, XL2411Z and XL2720Z don't have this issue.

And I would recommend the XL2720Z if you want a 27" 1080p monitor to game on.  But the reason to get this screen is STRICTLY because of blur reduction (and the S-switch presets working correctly once saved).