CPU overclocking

I have an intel core i7-4790k cpu running @ 4.00GHz and I have the NZXT Kraken X61 cooling it, what kind of overclock can I get withouht making it heat up too much?

Bruh you have like a really great high end cpu cooler overclock all you want, well not really i mean you can a lot but have some limitations

17 minutes ago, Theerix Gaming said:

I have an intel core i7-4790k cpu running @ 4.00GHz and I have the NZXT Kraken X61 cooling it, what kind of overclock can I get withouht making it heat up too much?

4.2? 4.3? 5.0??

Who knows... every chip is different. And even if your can reach a higher frequency, you might not deem it worth the extra heat and noise that comes with it and decided to dial it down a notch. Really, there's only one person that can answer this question: yourself. So go, grab your CPU and...

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

19 minutes ago, Theerix Gaming said:

try 1.2V on the vcore, 1.185v on the ring...push the core to 44 multiplier and ring bus to 42 and see if that is stable.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR