My GPU has not been folding new jobs since yesterday

Go to solution Solved by Ethnod,

Problem resolved with help from the folding forum

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=25087

Issue was some unknown thing with network connectivity. No idea as the only difference between what I did at the end and what I had tried before was restart the router... 

any way, back folding :)

So I got up this morning and looked at the logs and my GPU is not folding anything and has not been doing so since last night.

Any advice? Also, what info can I give you so you can help me figure it out? This has not happened before :/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

have you tried turning it off and on again?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

have you tried turning it off and on again?

I assume you are not trolling me :P And yes, I've rebooted and I've told it to finish what it was doing also (before and after a reboot) still the same

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Maybe try deleting the slot for the gpu and add it again.

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Did that and nothing changed

I looked at the logs and I am seeing this

10:48:53:WARNING:WU01:FS00:Failed to get assignment from 'assign-GPU.stanford.edu:80': Failed to connect to assign-GPU.stanford.edu:80: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.10:48:53:WU01:FS00:Connecting to assign-GPU.stanford.edu:808010:48:55:WU00:FS01:Upload 50.75%10:49:01:WU00:FS01:Upload 52.97%10:49:07:WU00:FS01:Upload 55.20%

Did that and nothing changed

I looked at the logs and I am seeing this

10:48:53:WARNING:WU01:FS00:Failed to get assignment from 'assign-GPU.stanford.edu:80': Failed to connect to assign-GPU.stanford.edu:80: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.10:48:53:WU01:FS00:Connecting to assign-GPU.stanford.edu:808010:48:55:WU00:FS01:Upload 50.75%10:49:01:WU00:FS01:Upload 52.97%10:49:07:WU00:FS01:Upload 55.20%

Ok, that's odd. sorry i can't help you, this is outside of my knowledge. :( on the bright side I'm sure someone will be able to get this fixed for you 

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

I assume you are not trolling me :P And yes, I've rebooted and I've told it to finish what it was doing also (before and after a reboot) still the same

i was not. i just said it because often people forget about rebooting.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I think there is a problems with the Standford servers not with your computer/client. Just leave it there until Standford can fix the problem and it should start folding again.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Ok, an hour on after doing that and nothing has changed

do you have a firewall? if yes sett F@H on a trusted application reboot and see then wat happens. if not try to reinstall F@H

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

do you have a firewall? if yes sett F@H on a trusted application reboot and see then wat happens. if not try to reinstall F@H

No, its nothing like that. I've been folding on and off for a while and was able to get my GPU folding going as I was able to make sure my temp was under 70 so I was happy with it.

No updates or changes to my rig, system or any system attached to my internet connection. Plus the CPU is folding fine. From what I can tell it stopped some time last night and been like that since

No, its nothing like that. I've been folding on and off for a while and was able to get my GPU folding going as I was able to make sure my temp was under 70 so I was happy with it.

No updates or changes to my rig, system or any system attached to my internet connection. Plus the CPU is folding fine. From what I can tell it stopped some time last night and been like that since

If you're still having trouble you can either delete the GPU slot and re-add it again or it might just be a problem from the Standford server

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

If you're still having trouble you can either delete the GPU slot and re-add it again or it might just be a problem from the Standford server

I've done that, plus as far as I can see there is no issue with Standford. Nothing on their forum and plus like I said, the CPU is folding fine and getting new jobs without issue

try to reinstall F@H

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

same deal, still no GPU folding

can you post the entire log here? and a picture of your F@H client with the advanced view.

Problem resolved with help from the folding forum

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=25087

Issue was some unknown thing with network connectivity. No idea as the only difference between what I did at the end and what I had tried before was restart the router... 

any way, back folding :)

Glad it is all fixed up.

Sounds like may have been a DNS issue. Many people end up using the default DNS servers assigned by their ISP. Many times these are not very reliable nor update frequently.

Check you router and possibly update the dns settings your router uses and then the ones it gives our via dhcp if this happens again.

I recommend Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. OpenDNS also have good servers, check their website for their Ip.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99