Okay. So I have a Prebuilt Desktop and I'm in the process of transferring the parts to a new case... There is one thing however that has seriously stumped me. This stump was with my Prebuilt Desktop Motherboard. There where the integrated GPU is I believe on the motherboard two wires (One Black, One White attacked to the Integrated GPU. On the opposite end of each wire is a emplacement of some sort. The emplacements seem to be made of a foam like material which is odd and they are attacked to the metal part of the case behind the front bezel which I had removed to get to the optical drive... (I would also like to mention that I do not actually use the Integrated GPU on my motherboard) Basically there is no way I can take out the motherboard unless there is some way to remove the wires or there enplacements... Any help on something I've done wrong or something I am uninformed about would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 
System Specs:
Inspiron Dell 3847
I5 4460
GTX 750Ti (Upgraded) 
8GB of GDDR3 Ram
1TB hard drive
600w PSU (Upgraded)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That is not the GPU, that is the Wi-fi, or WLAN chip. The "wires" are antennas. They pull right off the chip, the gold part is a connector that clips on. 

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

7 minutes ago, asand1 said:

That is not the GPU, that is the Wi-fi, or WLAN chip. The "wires" are antennas. They pull right off the chip, the gold part is a connector that clips on. 

Lol Thanks. I was so confused... So... You have any idea how to take it off? So I just pull the antennas off and take the motherboard out? Also what to do afterward to reuse them? 

1 hour ago, Virtual_Hitman said:

Lol Thanks. I was so confused... So... You have any idea how to take it off? So I just pull the antennas off and take the motherboard out? Also what to do afterward to reuse them? 

Yeah, the antennae pull straight off the chip. Looks like the antennae anchors are clipped to the case. Check the inside of the case to see how they are retained.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

46 minutes ago, asand1 said:

Yeah, the antennae pull straight off the chip. Looks like the antennae anchors are clipped to the case. Check the inside of the case to see how they are retained.

Bad news I guess for me?!?! It looks like there is a tiny thin clamp... Looks impossible to get off however. Any ideas? 

image.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Virtual_Hitman said:

Bad news I guess for me?!?! It looks like there is a tiny thin clamp... Looks impossible to get off however. Any ideas? 

The pic is too dark to see anything, but it looks like there are tabs poked through the case and bent over. I would just use a knife and pry the whole anchor/bracket off the case. On my PC they were screwed to plastic, which tells me you can mount them to anything handy using tape, zip ties, whatever works for you.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

Looking at the picture on my PC, it looks like the bracket simply hooks into the case, and the metallic tape holds it in place. Remove the tape and it will probably slide up and unhook.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

If all else fails get a replacement antenna, That's what I did to my prebuilt before the motherboard died. It too had a wifi card on the board like that, removing the antennas were impossible as they were built directly into the case. You could just leave the antennas disconnected and they will still get a wifi signal providing your router is very near.  This is what I found on Amazon they will be suitable for your wifi card and can just be stuck inside your new case.

2 hours ago, Thomas_Bam said:

If all else fails get a replacement antenna, That's what I did to my prebuilt before the motherboard died. It too had a wifi card on the board like that, removing the antennas were impossible as they were built directly into the case. You could just leave the antennas disconnected and they will still get a wifi signal providing your router is very near.  This is what I found on Amazon they will be suitable for your wifi card and can just be stuck inside your new case.

Well... I use a ethernet cable on my computer anyways... Could I just unlatch the wifi connector from the Wifi card and just use my computer without it? 

Yeah that would work, if your WiFi card has integrated Bluetooth as well your Bluetooth range wouldn't be very far but if its just used for the internet it wont affect you if you use the Ethernet. 

17 minutes ago, Thomas_Bam said:

Yeah that would work, if your WiFi card has integrated Bluetooth as well your Bluetooth range wouldn't be very far but if its just used for the internet it wont affect you if you use the Ethernet. 

My internet router is literally one foot away from my Computer usually...And yeah, I only use ethernet cables... But I was able to unclamp and take off the Antennas off of my case anyways... I had to remove the other end from the Wifi card first though. Okay I'm transferring the components over the the new case now. Lastly... do you have any ideas on where to clamp the antennas on my case? And also to put the antennas back on I just plug them into the Wifi card again right? Sorry for all the questions but I really don't have a clue...

Computer Antennas.JPG

Yeah you can just plug the antennas back into the little connectors on the WiFi card, they should just push into the gold connectors on the card, don't do it too hard or force them in or you could bend the little pin inside the card itself and the WiFi card will be unusable they should pop in like a Lego, You can use some double sided tape or find a small hole in the case and tie a lose knot in the cable or even place them on a little ledge for the other ends of the antenna, as long as they are roughly on the top side of the case and are not obstructed by any thick pieces of metal they should be fine. Don't worry about all the questions you have to learn somehow right ? ^_^

6 hours ago, Thomas_Bam said:

Yeah you can just plug the antennas back into the little connectors on the WiFi card, they should just push into the gold connectors on the card, don't do it too hard or force them in or you could bend the little pin inside the card itself and the WiFi card will be unusable they should pop in like a Lego, You can use some double sided tape or find a small hole in the case and tie a lose knot in the cable or even place them on a little ledge for the other ends of the antenna, as long as they are roughly on the top side of the case and are not obstructed by any thick pieces of metal they should be fine. Don't worry about all the questions you have to learn somehow right ? ^_^

Thanks for all the help (The other guy too) so far but I need a little bit more help... For one I was confronted with a little problem. My motherboard doesn't have anywhere for this connector to get plugged in- d1MqHqN.jpgAlso I was wondering if I got the cabling right for everything else?... Here's a picture- I'm certain I plugged in the front panel wires wrong so unplugged them. I heard there was a specific way you had to plug them in...

Wtf Cabling.JPG

That large black plug is for USB 3.0 and your motherboard doesn't look to have that. The front panel pins (power button and such) should be marked, as are the connectors for the case. Otherwise google is your friend. Unfortunately the board is blocked or I would attempt to  locate a pinout for you.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

If you want the USB's on your case to work you will need a USB 3 to USB 2 Header like this one here that is if you have a spare USB 2 header on your motherboard. For the front panel connectors you might be able to see where they are supposed to go by looking at the motherboard as normally it will have text near the pins like F_LED, HD_LED, PWB and such if not then go onto your computers manufactures website and look up your model of PC they normally have a motherboard diagram. If not then its mostly trial and error i would first locate the power button connector off the case and put it into the motherboard front panel pins in different orientations and pin locations and press power until the PC boots. This is just an example picture, your actual pin outs are probably different.

Also I noticed your back IO panel is not installed in your new case, you can just pop out the back IO panel from your old case and pop it into your new case.

12 hours ago, asand1 said:

That large black plug is for USB 3.0 and your motherboard doesn't look to have that. The front panel pins (power button and such) should be marked, as are the connectors for the case. Otherwise google is your friend. Unfortunately the board is blocked or I would attempt to  locate a pinout for you.

I found an online manual for my computer and it had a diagram for my motherboard... I noticed however that there are extra pins on my motherboard besides the ones marked on the diagram. I'm guessing I can use them for the LED connectors that came with my case? 

Motherboard Diagram.JPG

7 hours ago, Thomas_Bam said:

If you want the USB's on your case to work you will need a USB 3 to USB 2 Header like this one here that is if you have a spare USB 2 header on your motherboard. For the front panel connectors you might be able to see where they are supposed to go by looking at the motherboard as normally it will have text near the pins like F_LED, HD_LED, PWB and such if not then go onto your computers manufactures website and look up your model of PC they normally have a motherboard diagram. If not then its mostly trial and error i would first locate the power button connector off the case and put it into the motherboard front panel pins in different orientations and pin locations and press power until the PC boots. This is just an example picture, your actual pin outs are probably different.

Also I noticed your back IO panel is not installed in your new case, you can just pop out the back IO panel from your old case and pop it into your new case.

Also I was wondering if It would hurt my computer if I left my IO Shield off? When I put my motherboard into the new case the ports on my motherboard didn't align with the IO Shield like how it did on the old case...  

Not having a IO shield wont cause any harm it is only for aesthetics. The power button connectors which are labled 13 on the manual are where your case front panel connectors can go, you need to plug in the connectors off of your front panel in your case into these. You should be able to plug your front led connectors and HDD indicator connectors into these pins its just about finding the right location for them. When I moved my motherboard from my prebuilt into a new case i had to keep testing to see if the connectors were on the right pins. It took a while but i got it right in the end.

2 hours ago, Thomas_Bam said:

Not having a IO shield wont cause any harm it is only for aesthetics. The power button connectors which are labled 13 on the manual are where your case front panel connectors can go, you need to plug in the connectors off of your front panel in your case into these. You should be able to plug your front led connectors and HDD indicator connectors into these pins its just about finding the right location for them. When I moved my motherboard from my prebuilt into a new case i had to keep testing to see if the connectors were on the right pins. It took a while but i got it right in the end.

Okay I connected everything... I'm going to plug the system in and see if it starts...What I'm Thinking In my head right now- "Please don't catch fire" Lol. Here's a picture of what it looks like right now btw 

Computer end Picture 1.JPG

13 hours ago, Thomas_Bam said:

looks good so far I hope everything works out now ^_^

The desktop didn't even start when I tried to turn it on. Also I was looking up to see if I could possibly find the pin layouts for my system and it turns out a lot of people have been trying to do the same thing... In the process of looking through their conversations I found this  http://prnt.sc/a7k138 Can you make any sense out of this? I know its telling the pin layout in some way but just to make sure can you give me a key of some sort to what the diagram means?

The picture shows the location of where you need to put your front panel connectors. Your front panel connects will need to saturate 2 of the pins. You nee to start with the power button connector and push it onto the side with one less pin on the right hand side make sure the connector goes over the two pins that should make the power button work providing the diagram is relevant to your motherboard.

7 hours ago, Thomas_Bam said:

The picture shows the location of where you need to put your front panel connectors. Your front panel connects will need to saturate 2 of the pins. You nee to start with the power button connector and push it onto the side with one less pin on the right hand side make sure the connector goes over the two pins that should make the power button work providing the diagram is relevant to your motherboard.

Okay...The struggle is almost over lol. The LEDs are working, The Power Supply is working, The CPU fan is working,The optical drive is working, but the power switch only turned on the computer... It won't turn it off. Not only that but the computer even though it's connected to my monitor isn't displaying anything. ... Any ideas? Here's a picture by the way... 

End Of The Struggle 1.JPG

4 minutes ago, Virtual_Hitman said:

Okay...The struggle is almost over lol. The LEDs are working, The Power Supply is working, The CPU fan is working,The optical drive is working, but the power switch only turned on the computer... It won't turn it off. Not only that but the computer even though it's connected to my monitor isn't displaying anything. ... Any ideas? Here's a picture by the way... 

Oh, I see your original system was a Dell... there's a small chance certain things could have been wired in a non-standard fashion...

If so, that might be why the power button only turns the system on and not off. I haven't looked into Dell systems in a long time though so...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

It's possible that one of the two power pins are in the right location you may need to rotate it in the other orientation or move it one pin over if possible I had this problem too it was just that only one of the two pins are connected in the right direction.