GTX 1060 enough for ASUS VQ248QE?

browsetheweb

it would work just fine. but you cannot make use of its full potential of 144Hz.

get a gtx 1070.

Depends on the game and what setting you want to play on... But yes, a 1060 is a really great 1080p card that will mostly run all games fine. Not at 144hz at every setting though

3 minutes ago, Enivitation said:

Depends on the game and what setting you want to play on... But yes, a 1060 is a really great 1080p card that will mostly run all games fine. Not at 144hz at every setting though

Let's just say League of Legends at max settings.

42 minutes ago, browsetheweb said:

LoL at max settings will be above and beyond 144 fps with a 1060.  

2 hours ago, browsetheweb said:

Haha yes, that will be really really easy. No problems there. Just don't expect the newest games to run at 144hz. 

Yup, easy peasy. If you uncap framerate, you should land at 400-500 fps. Not easy to say, since of scaling.. that's fps numbers where you should run into CPU Limit lol.

In latest AAA Titles, you can expect around 60 fps on Ultra settings. On some titles you might have to tone down a few heavy asshole settings like Hairworks in witcher, or stuff like higher SSAA settings, that make the Performance drop into nothing, but don't even look 1-2% better.

If you go down on High or so, you should expect 100-144 fps in most games. Depends. ^^

I have this monitor and a GTX 770. Its very hard to get max setting + 144hz in anything.

I think these cards are similar with the 1060 being a bit faster. I can get around 90-120 in most things if I tone the graphics way down.

For modern games: overwatch,hitman,BF1, witcher, I suspect you will also get around 60 unless you really drop the settings. If you want higher settings you will have to pay for it. 1070 should get you more FPS but you'll probably be at medium still if you want that high framerate. you wont be maxing settings and FPS until you get to a 1080.

For a single title check out what someone else has done in a benchmark, if they get close and have ultra settings in that benchmark then you can drop 1 or 2 settings and probably achieve the desired framerate.

4 minutes ago, philman said:

I have this monitor and a GTX 770. Its very hard to get max setting + 144hz in anything.

I think these cards are similar with the 1060 being a bit faster. I can get around 90-120 in most things if I tone the graphics way down.

For modern games: overwatch,hitman,BF1, witcher, I suspect you will also get around 60 unless you really drop the settings. If you want higher settings you will have to pay for it. 1070 should get you more FPS but you'll probably be at medium still if you want that high framerate. you wont be maxing settings and FPS until you get to a 1080.

For a single title check out what someone else has done in a benchmark, if they get close and have ultra settings in that benchmark then you can drop 1 or 2 settings and probably achieve the desired framerate.

1060 is alot faster than a 770, its equal to the 980

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

ah you're right. well I think my point still stands.

you still wont be getting both max settings and max framerate on the most demanding titles with a 1060.

if you can get high framerates in the LoL with that card then definitely go for the monitor. You wont want to go back to 60hz afterwards.

1 minute ago, philman said:

ah you're right. well I think my point still stands.

you still wont be getting both max settings and max framerate on the most demanding titles with a 1060.

if you can get high framerates in the LoL with that card then definitely go for the monitor. You wont want to go back to 60hz afterwards.

I agree, i just picked up my 144hz monitor mainly for csgo and its amazing.

Just to say the arrow button on someones reply is the quote button so they get a notification when you reply to them.

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB