Budget, Over-ear, Portable headphones

What's up, guys?

My friend is looking for a budget pair of cans that are over-ear monitors for both at-home and on-the-go use (so ideally something compatible with a phone jack*). He would like headphones good for upbeat/pop songs such as "Happy" and "All About that Bass", and he's also a moderate PC gamer. While a microphone is not necessary, it would be nice (although he could just do a mod-mic sort of thing or buy a separate mic).

He has about $100 to spare (at the most). While I would normally give him advice, I think that I am inadequate for recommendations related to audio, so I am putting up this post to see if the internet can help him.

If you need any more information, I can ask.

Thanks!

* = Screw the iPhone 7

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

What is that a link to? A little hesitant to click on a link to "googleadservices.com".

2 minutes ago, akskl said:

What is that a link to? A little hesitant to click on a link to "googleadservices.com".

The link is legit. My friend has almost the same set. And they are awesome. I used them for a week and was super happy with them.

2 minutes ago, laxhippe said:

The link is legit. My friend has almost the same set. And they are awesome. I used them for a week and was super happy with them.

They are just perfect for gaming and a lot cheaper than you think. Especially if you can wait till the black friday sale. Then you may be able to pick up a more expensive set for around 100 USD. I'm canadian and with the shitty canadian dollar, the price fluctuates a lot for me

14 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

3 minutes ago, laxhippe said:

Ah, the g430s. I had the G930s, and boy, were they amazing. I loved them, but they developed this annoying beeping issue. Anyways, I like these cans, but they are not meant for portability and they are USB (which is okay, but not preferable). However, if I can't get anything better, these are definitely the ones I'll recommend.

9 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

I own a pair of Sony MDR-V55 and they are wonderful for travel and have great sound.

Nice. How would you describe the sound/sound quality, and how would you describe the build quality? Can they take a beating in a backpack filled with textbooks, or are they somewhat flimsy?

Good recommendation, BTW.

Also, i have a pair of sony MDR-ZX330BT s and they are really light and can last for 10 hours on a 2 hour charge. The ear part can turn and fit in tight spaces and it won't break if its in a backpack full of heavy textbooks and laptops that got dropped (personal experience)