Squadron 42 delay to mid-end 2017

Praesi

Which comes from a recent interview between studio head Chris Roberts and German magazine GameStar. So even though the official website still lists Q4 2016 as the release date for the star-studded Squadron 42 campaign, apparently that's now the more likely windows of the middle to the end of 2017. Naturally the delay is due to the game not being ready, with stuff like AI and the cover-system cited as still needing work

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-citizen/news/star_citizen,48820,3302127.html

Fuck this Game....>:(

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

not surprised about that. star citizen is one of the most ambitious games that isn't finished. though their latest footage from gamescom was awesome 

I was kind of wondering how they were going to pull together star citizen by the end of the year. this makes a lot of sense, and I understand why it would take so long given the ambition of the scope being applied to it.

I read on the Star Citizen forums that Gamestar was using the names Squadron 42 and Star citizen interchangeably and didn't understand that they are two separate releases. Squadron 42 is still expected between 4Q2016 and 1Q2017.

I bet my Ship that it will not come 2016.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 07/09/2016 at 4:27 PM, Praesi said:

I bet my Ship that it will not come 2016.

Why? 3.0 has everything you need in a single player game, it's feature locked and they are basically polishing the game, making the end game longer, sounds to me like they are ready to almost ready to ship.

They are keeping quiet because of citizencon, literally wait a month and we should find out exactly where we stand, the media has fucked up so often reporting on this game I don't trust them.

1 hour ago, rentaspoon said:

Why? 3.0 has everything you need in a single player game, it's feature locked and they are basically polishing the game, making the end game longer, sounds to me like they are ready to almost ready to ship.

They are keeping quiet because of citizencon, literally wait a month and we should find out exactly where we stand, the media has fucked up so often reporting on this game I don't trust them.

I dont trust what Devs tell me either. NMS is the best Example.

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

I dont trust what Devs tell me either. NMS is the best Example.

Yeah, numerous reasons why that's a bad example, I'll just post this video instead:

Question you should be asking yourself is do you want a good playable example of a game or another NMS? Cos NMS could've done with more dev time.

15 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

Yeah, numerous reasons why that's a bad example, I'll just post this video instead:

Question you should be asking yourself is do you want a good playable example of a game or another NMS? Cos NMS could've done with more dev time.

There are alot of other Examples. I want a good SC, but i dont trust Dev´s in general. I judge the released Game.

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2016 at 6:21 PM, Praesi said:

Which comes from a recent interview between studio head Chris Roberts and German magazine GameStar. So even though the official website still lists Q4 2016 as the release date for the star-studded Squadron 42 campaign, apparently that's now the more likely windows of the middle to the end of 2017. Naturally the delay is due to the game not being ready, with stuff like AI and the cover-system cited as still needing work

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-citizen/news/star_citizen,48820,3302127.html

Fuck this Game....>:(

LOL.  That's why you don't go to others who translate from one language to another.  You miss out on actual meaning.  The delay is going to be documented, like they did the Arena Commander delay, by giving a special write up to chart roadblocks and how/when they surmount them.  The demo that was to be showcased at CitizenCon is going to be dropped this year.  They are almost done, they just couldn't in time for the show.  The first write up is slated for Jan of 2017.  CIG stated at NO time, that it woun't be until the end of next year, though one should note that since they didn't give another date, that it could be a possibility.  

Unconfirmed reports state that it's much closer than many expect.  Erin Roberts specifically stated that the rush for getting it ready for the show actually catapulted the whole project forward several months.  They could get it out much sooner than the dread has projected.  Watch the most recent ATV special edition to see what happened.