Fractal Design Define S Vs Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Which case has better cooling (air cooling)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which case has better cooling (air cooling)

• Fractal Design Define S
    • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

I posted a similar post yesterday regarding the Corsair 750D or 450D but after doing further research I've changed my mind for the Fractal Design Define S or the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX.

Now obviously the Enthoo Evolv ATX is a lot more expensive due to it being an aluminium construction and including more features and aesthetics as well as better build quality.

However for me the important thing is the cooling capability of either case, especially since I'm strictly air cooling.

Now on one hand the Define S has room for 3X 140/120mm front intake fans, where as the Enthoo Evolv has room 3X 120mm front intake or 2X 140mm. With this in mind would it be better to have 3X 140mm or 3X 120mm for the front intake.

Another thing I'm concerned with is that since both of these cases have a solid front panel meaning that the intake fans may be starved of air? I'm not sure it just appears like that based on the pictures I've seen.

Thanks, GR412.

1 hour ago, GR412 said:

I posted a similar post yesterday regarding the Corsair 750D or 450D but after doing further research I've changed my mind for the Fractal Design Define S or the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX.

Now obviously the Enthoo Evolv ATX is a lot more expensive due to it being an aluminium construction and including more features and aesthetics as well as better build quality.

However for me the important thing is the cooling capability of either case, especially since I'm strictly air cooling.

Now on one hand the Define S has room for 3X 140/120mm front intake fans, where as the Enthoo Evolv has room 3X 120mm front intake or 2X 140mm. With this in mind would it be better to have 3X 140mm or 3X 120mm for the front intake.

Another thing I'm concerned with is that since both of these cases have a solid front panel meaning that the intake fans may be starved of air? I'm not sure it just appears like that based on the pictures I've seen.

Thanks, GR412.

go with a define s if you water cool

Define S is the king of cooling 

and both of them pull in air from the side

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

20 minutes ago, 007agentHP said:

Define S is the king of cooling 

and both of them pull in air from the side

Does that mean king of cooling as in the lowest temperatures? And do you mean little side intakes on the front?

Intake fans won't be starved of air. The Define S is better for airflow. It's less restrictive and has more fan mounting options. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.