Help choosing indestructible keyboard

I love playing fighting games with keyboard (I've got a fighstick, so don't suggest buying one) I tend to hit keys pretty hard and MX switches don't appreciate that and die.

For a long time (I believe 20+ years) I've been using Mitsumi KFK-EA4XT PS/2 keyboard, the best rubber dome keyboard I ever had. I need something similar on USB.

My new motherboard doesn't have PS/2 port, so I'm unable to use my favorite keyboard on this machine.

I currently using Zowie Celeritas/MX Brown, and I have Steelseries 7G Pro/MX Black ..both has great design and layout BUT THE ACTUAL KEY SWITCHES CHATTER LIKE MO#$%$@#$@!%^!!! I can't stand it anymore, I can't trust these keyboards in games I play. This is the weirdest thing with these keyboards, I've replaced faulty switches with new ones, on both keyboards, the problem has gone for a while.. but then it came back again, if not worse. Same set of keys still suffer from chattering. Could it be the controller gone mad? On both keyboards?? Why? What causes it? 

I'm looking for the best keybord for the next 10+ years, mechanical, non-mechanical, rubber dome, doesn't matter as long as its practically indestructible like my Mitsumi. I'd also like to know your opinion on Infrared switches, how durable they are, do they chatter? apparently not, since no mechanical contact present, but.. how fast the controller? etc.etc.

Guys, please! HELP ME! I'm in typing hell right now...using this clunky "Keyboard chattering-fix v0.0.1" software right now (it lags in games btw),  I NEED A NEW KEYBOARD, but I don't know which one can withstand heavy usage.

What about Topre Type Heaven? $300 yeah, what if it will start chattering after couple months? How "perfect" this keyboard really is?

I'd also like to know your opinion on Infrared switches, how durable they are, do they chatter? well, apparently not, since no mechanical contact present, but.. can controller deal with like 20k keystrokes a day?

ps: I want it to have big Enter and long Left Shift.

?di=CHBI

Well, this may seem weird, but if you intend to abuse your keyboard to hell and back, I would actually recommend you get an old IBM or Microsoft keyboard, the old classics with the DIN connector and get an adapter for it. I know for a fact that you can do almost anything to them and they will just work. Mostly full metal, thick and chunky construction. My old Microsoft keyboard from 1994 is still fully functional, granted I stopped using it in 2011 when I got my Razer Lycosa (Which was a big mistake). I hit it, ate on top of it, spilled drinks, dropped it and that old keyboard still went without a hitch. They don't make them like they used to anymore.

Edited by Vadise
Typo

7 minutes ago, Vadise said:

Well, this may seem weird, but if you intend to abuse your keyboard to hell and back,

I'm not abusing it, I just hit keys hard and fast, that's why mech keys won't last long enough here.

I would actually recommend you get an old IBM or Microsoft keyboard, the old classics with the DIN connector and get an adapter for it.

I don't have a PS/2 port, man... If I could use an adaptor I'd use Mitsumi keys.

I actuaally ordered this one http://clickykeyboards.com/product/ps2-to-usb-adapter-converter-for-keyboards/ it will arrive in 30-45 days, I hope it will work fine with my old keys.

Adapters work, I have personally seen IBM Keyboards adapted to USB just fine. Hell, LazyGameReviews just went one step further and converted the USB into Micro USB, and lo and behold, he could use it on a smartphone.

Adapters work, I have personally seen IBM Keyboards adapted to USB just fine. Hell, LazyGameReviews just went one step further and converted the USB into Micro USB, and lo and behold, he could use it on a smartphone.

It's good to know that the PS/2-USB adapter I ordered works with old keyboards. Quite a relief.

What if that adaptor won't work? Mechanical keyboard with cherryMX-like switches is the only choice I'm left with? Is dampening rings helps prolong a life of a keyswitch or is it just to make it quieter?

10 hours ago, pmf026 said:

What if that adaptor won't work? Mechanical keyboard with cherryMX-like switches is the only choice I'm left with? Is dampening rings helps prolong a life of a keyswitch or is it just to make it quieter?

It will work

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

IBM Model M keyboards will function with a PS/2-USB adapter, and theyre pretty much the Nokia 3310 of keyboards.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you dont know why. In this computer, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and i dont know why.

Atleast i can manage Some things, like my current OC personal best.

If the board you have is your favorite, why not just get an active ps/2 to usb adapter?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 14.09.2016 at 10:02 PM, KaminKevCrew said:

If the board you have is your favorite, why not just get an active ps/2 to usb adapter?

Already did.

22 hours ago, pmf026 said:

Already did.

Then I'm confused about why you aren't using that board instead?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Unless the problem is solved and you're happy with the board you have;

Unicomp. Made from the same designs as the IBM Model M but can be bought new with a USB cable.

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti

https://www.pckeyboard.com/

Unicomps for the win. Almost exactly like a model M, built like a tank, and can be had with USB or PS/2. Just don't use it in an office as they are loud. Theres a good reason people still obsess over model Ms.

On 03.10.2016 at 6:25 AM, KaminKevCrew said:

Then I'm confused about why you aren't using that board instead?

I do. There's no need to bump this thread anymore.

My mitsumi keyboard works fine with this Active PS/2 adapter.

idk how to close this...sorry.

It may be little late but you try this purchasing this keyboard, definitely over kill. 

Some of the data centers I work at uses this kind steel keyboard. 

You probably can kill someone and stop bullets with it.

It uses carbon tactile keys instead of steel keycaps over Silicon so that it would be less stressful on the fingers.

How they feel? Something like blackberry's QWERTY phones but softer. (Still hard though compared to typical mechanical keyboard)

68381-8281291.jpg

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/key-technology-china-limited/product-68381-606056.html#product-item_658489

and Tenkeyless version (But I've never tried it before)

68381-7936294.jpg

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/key-technology-china-limited/product-68381-1560189.html